* This position is on the Analytics Team - Remote, Anywhere USA *
Performs moderately complex (journey-level) analytical work. Interprets data. Supports research teams to produce valuable insights from data. Works under moderate supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement.
- Uses statistical analyses to support interpretation of data from multiple sources and across databases.
- Assists in developing programs and scripts for data transformation, integration, reduction, and data visualization across multiple data sets.
- Assists in enhancing existing analytic applications for data coding.
- Collaborates with others in the organization to meet client and company demands.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in statistics, epidemiology, economics, mathematics or related discipline
o Additional data analysis experience may be substituted for Bachelor’s degree on a year per year basis. (Experience requirements may be satisfied by full-time experience or the prorated part-time equivalent.)
- Working with large datasets, preferred
- Working with SAS Visual Analytics, Power BI, Tableau, or similar data visualization software, preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Some Knowledge of
- SAS, SQL, R, Python, or similar analytics software
- Health care delivery or policy
Proficient Skill in
- Prioritizing and organizing work assignments
- The use of personal computers and applicable programs, applications and systems
Some Skill in
- Maintaining effective working relationships with individuals and groups
- Meet project deadlines across multiple projects
- Exercise logic and reasoning to define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Make decisions that support business objectives and goals
- Identify and resolve problems or refer issues appropriately
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Adapt to the needs of internal and external customers
- Show integrity and ethical behavior; respect confidentiality, business ethics and organizational standards
- Assure compliance with regulatory, contractual and accreditation entries
Requires working in an office/cubicle environment; sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting and/or reaching. Requires repetitive movement; ability to lift, carry or move up to 25 lbs. when transporting work equipment or materials. May require ability to operate a motor vehicle; the ability to travel by motor vehicle and commercial airline. May require overnight travel.