🌎 A global leader in digital marketplaces. Brands include household names across e-commerce and more, spanning 10 countries in Europe, including Spain, Netherlands, France and Portugal, reaching hundreds of millions of people every month with 100M+ requests per day.
📈 Their brands are supported by global Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. The goal is to develop common global products and innovation platforms which all of their brands can use. This means using cutting-edge technology to create highly scalable (think 3 BILLION MONTHLY visits), customisable and secure products and components that free up development time and leverage our access to global data.
🔍 The Global Data & Search product teams innovate and build products ranging from personalised, complementary and similar listings recommendation systems, to search ranking models and user profiling and segmentation services. Teams also work on performance statistics engines and AdTech to offer end users and partners a chance to create perfect matches across marketplaces.
You'll be working on a brand new conversational search product - think ChatGPT meets search! It's a super innovative product and the team is currently working on a prototype with a goal of having an MVP ready by the end of the year!
- You will build and run production-grade data pipelines and products at scale in an agile setup.
- You will work closely with data scientists, engineers, architects and product managers to create the technology that generates and transforms data into applications, insights and experiences for users.
- Design, productionise and own end-to-end solutions that solve customer's problems.
Who you are
- You hold a BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- You have expertise in Java/Scala programming languages.
- You have experience designing and productionising large-scale distributed systems built around big data
- You have experience with batch and streaming technologies: e.g Apache Flink, Apache Spark, Apache Beam, Google DataFlow.
- You have expertise with distributed data stores (Cassandra, Google BigTable, Redis, ClickHouse, Elasticsearch) and messaging systems (Kafka, Google PubSub) at scale.
- You have experience with public cloud (GCP, AWS, Azure).
- You are an excellent communicator who can explain complex problems in clear and concise language to both business and technical audiences.
What you'll get
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape ways of working. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and academies: specialised content built by experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
- 26 days of holidays
- Commuter allowance
- Subsidised gym membership + monthly massage
- Life insurance, retirement plan and generous family leave