Data Engineer - London/Norwich - up tp �55k DOE
My Client is one of the worlds leading insurance providers that specialises in home, motor and health services. In the UK alone they provide services to over 15.5 million customers. They currently operate in 12 offices across the UK and multiple more globally. The data engineering team is an award winning multidisciplinary team where learning and development is in the forefront of their work. If you are looking to grow and expand your skills, my client would be able to assist you in that.
This is a hybrid role as they believe working with your teams in person would be beneficial for professional growth. They are looking for data engineers to join their Norwich and London offices. The working arrangement would be 2 days a week in the office.
- Solving complex problems and carrying out data tasks in an innovative way
- Experience in software development or data pipeline related tasks with any of the following including SQL, Python, Scala or R
- Working collaboratively with the data scientists and dat analysts to develop data pipelines
- understanding of best practices in software/data engineering and being able to write effective code
- Building data features using languages including SQL and Python (pyspark or pandas).
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with Agile environment (beneficial, not essential)
- Would be nice to be Familiar with analytics (descriptive, predictive, EDA), feature engineering and python visualisation libraries (e.g. matplotlib, seaborn or other) and Data Processing Frameworks like Pandas/pyspark
- being able to work with other team members and the wider business teams. Good stakeholder management skills.
Compensation And Benefits
- Salary between �25,000 to �55,000
- Pension 8% employer contribution and 2% employee contribution
- Annual performance bonus
- 29 days holiday + bank holidays with options to purchase holidays
- 40% discount on company products
- And much more.....
This is just a brief overview of the role. For the full information, simply apply to the role with your CV, and I will call you to discuss further. My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
If this opportunity is not exactly the role you were looking for, please apply to this role anyway. From reviewing your CV I will call you to discuss what you are looking for, and match your expectations up to the other roles I am working on, that are more suitable.
I specialise in Microsoft BI, SQL Server and Azure Analytics recruitment here at Nigel Frank International, specialising in the placement of highly-skilled candidates in various IT positions (DBAs, Analysts, Developers, Engineers, Architects, Consultants, Team Leads, Project Managers, Managers etc.).
We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.
Phone: 0191 255 1420
Please Note: This is a permanent role. This role is for UK residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check