An opportunity exist for an analytically minded, curious data enthusiast.
If you are passionate about finding insights in datasets, and you are able to synthesise and clearly communicate the results and drive business impact, this could be the opportunity for you.
Permanent Cape Town based Role Responsibilities
- Acquire data from various data sources and combine & transform data into interpretable datasets, reports or dashboards
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Extend the company’s data with third party sources of information when required
- Processing, cleansing and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
Analysis and Visualisation
- Interpret data, analyse results using analytical techniques and provide reports and/or dashboards
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Use data to answer key questions about the business.
- Own and maintain dashboards, ongoing reporting, and ad hoc requests from the organization.
- Work directly with management and other business users to gather requirements, provide status updates, and build relationships
- Present information using data visualisation techniques
- Facilitate requirements gathering workshops with the business
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to analyse information needs, functional requirements and business processes
- Provides guidance, training, and problem solving assistance to other team members.
- Coach and assist junior team members
- Bachelor’s degree (statistics/data or computer science/engineering) or equivalent
- Practical experience in analytics, data visualisation or reporting
Knowledge and Experience
- 3-5 years of experience performing data analytics
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects), databases (SAP HANA, Cloudera), querying (SQL)
- Experience visualising/presenting data for stakeholder use
- Business experience in financial services an advantage
- Strong analytical-thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with data in various data sources and databases
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical terms.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Excellent attention to detail