The Data Analyst will work with a team to provide high-quality service to our customer in managing the logistics IT portfolio of systems. This role is responsible for the execution of data management activities within the areas of data quality and data asset management.
This position is a collaborative role providing support for analysis and research into our data structures, attribution, maintenance, and models to ensure they are compliant with the organization’s strategic data management direction. This position is also responsible for maintaining the visibility and integrity of the portfolio’s data asset inventory by identifying and closing information gaps that may exist.
The Data Analyst will work within an agile team to provide high-quality service to our customer by applying analysis techniques to determine solutions based on client requirements with an IT services/solutions-based scope. They will analyze and reverse engineer business and technical artifacts such as data models, data catalogs, design documentation and interfaces to capture, store and maintain relevant metadata for the systems within the portfolio. This role may also be expected to develop and maintain data quality assessments and data profiles for the systems within the LogIT portfolio. As such, they will be expected to work closely with functional and technical data stewards to present their findings and provide recommendations for addressing issues which may be identified.
- Analyzes operational activities to obtain a quantitative, rational basis for decision making and resource allocation
- Conceptually understand and convey to stakeholders and leadership complex topics related to data management, data governance, and data maturity.
- Working with subject matter experts (SME) across organizations to collect and update business and technical metadata.
- Reverse engineer data models and other design or build artifacts to extract relevant business and technical metadata and load into a metadata repository
- Creates project plans to achieve performance-based objectives, enhancing implementation, systems and service
- Review submitted data to detect data quality problems and anomalies and help organization correct data both current and historical
- Provides integral support in mission requirements determination, conceptualization, design, development, testing, verification and validation, documentation, and implementation of system applications
- Collects and analyzes data and associated system artifacts for stakeholders to use in perfecting their business practices
- Performs analysis to determine how data might best be applied to profit the stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned.
You'll need to have
- Ability to obtain an active DoD Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar and 5+ years of experience
- Experience with ETL or data movement software such as Informatica, Talend, SSIS, NiFi, StreamSets, DataBricks, Jupyter Notebooks etc…
- Experience using SQL for data analysis, data quality, and data profiling activities.
- Experience in one or more scripting languages
- Experience in ETL performance optimization
- Experience working with large data sets in enterprise-level data warehousing/lake environments
- Experience creating data mapping documentation for databases, interfaces and applications
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and roles
Even better if you have
- Experience with AF Logistics systems and data
- Experience leading a team of developers and analysts designing complex data warehouse/lake solutions
- Experience in requirements elicitation
- Experience in Information Management including data design, data transformation, data governance or other major DAMA DMBOK or industry recognized data management practice
- Extensive practical experience of working with and defining data
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Logical thinker; able to articulate thoughts both verbally and diagrammatically
- Prior experience of logical data modelling and data normalization
- Experience interpreting data and analyzing results using statistical techniques
- Experience with data collection systems and their strategies
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60–1.4(a), 60–300.5(a) and 60–741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or for inquiring about, discussing, or disclosing information about compensation. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
#DDCITSERVICE #DDCJOBS #DDCHIRING