Linz / full-time
As Machine Learning Engineer, you are part of our product development team and significantly involved in the further and new development of our data science components in our product suite as well as our machine learning production environment. In addition, you independently deal with the latest trends in the industry, actively contribute to the conception of software architectures and work on their implementation.
- You take care of the further development and monitoring of the machine learning models in the production environment.
- You support various experiments to test current and future machine learning approaches.
- You code and use Python as programming language.
- You work on the system architecture of the data science components of our software solutions and optimize features in terms of scalability and performance.
- You plan the next release together with us and have the mindset of a DevOps/MLOps.
- You successfully completed your studies in Computer Science or Software Engineering ideally with a focus on Data Science or Data Engineering.
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience in software development and are familiar with Python.
- You have a solid foundation in machine learning and statistics.
- You are interested in the technologies we use such as Python, Java, Scala, Google Cloud, SQL, BigQuery, Spark, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- You are fluent in English and enjoy working with different stakeholders.
As one of Austria's Best Employers 2022 and a certified Great Place To Work®, we are particularly proud of our corporate culture. In addition to an open and very appreciative interaction, we offer you:
- Stunningly flexible working hours between 6:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m.
- The possibility of remote work 2 days per week
- Further training opportunities as part of our smec Academy – career paths, competence development, online learning platform with more than 3,500 courses, and much more.
- Sports and health offers as part of smec Health – own fitness room, e-bikes, fresh fruits every day and joint sports activities
- Cool events like internal meetups, get-togethers and other social activities
- Sponsoring of team events
- Great employee referral program: for referrals you get an individual event or bonus as a thank you.
- 3-month onboarding program with buddy support
- New MacBook with private use option
- Weekly breakfast and lunch for all smecies
- First-class locations in Linz, Vienna and London – good transport connections included
- No dress code - come as you are! :-)
Sounds exciting? We look forward to receiving your application and are happy to answer any questions you may have.
For legal reasons, we refer to the collective agreement minimum salary of EUR 3,455 (14 x per year) for this position. The actual salary depends on your qualification and experience, a willingness to overpay is given.