Technology - Engineering & Cloud
At Pru, we are on a mission to become storytellers as we follow our pursuit to be a global leader in expanding access to investing, insurance and retirement security. Our story is one of transformation, leveraging our data assets with purpose to make the lives our customer and employees easier, better, and more fulfilling. We are bringing our story to life by deploying cutting edge technology, robust and efficient processes, and engaging our diverse, creative, and passionate talent. Now is your opportunity to join our talented team and be a part of an exciting transformation.
Imagine yourself as a Master Data Management Data Engineer (Sr. Developer) where your passion for data and collaboration with others with that same interest and passion will help to ensure the company is enabled to make smart business decisions using rich and deep data assets that span our entire enterprise. In this role, you will have the opportunity to influence the future of Prudential through managing the integrity, efficiency, and availability of data. Your expertise and knowledge will never go wasted as we maximize our investment in our employees to complete complex analysis, compelling storytelling, achieve business and customer impact, and creative solutions.
The main purpose of this position is help pursue “what is possible” and to assist the data management team in the formation and execution of a robust, scalable, and sustainable master data management framework, policies, and standards that lend to an improved data foundation to:
- Increase the value, consistency, and use of data for employees, customers, and our business
- Increasing confidence and consistency in data across platforms and business units
- Eliminating or minimizing re-work
- Minimizing the risk of regulatory/compliance failures.
- Optimizing effectiveness and efficiency in data access and utilization
- Continually enhance controls in the support of data security and privacy
In addition to the Data Engineer responsibilities below, this also includes:
- Leads a team of Data Engineers
- Assists in MDM tool installation and configuration
- Develops MDM tool ingestion processes (batch and services-based)
- Implements the match and merge rules consistent with DevOps Chain (Dev thru Production)
- Configures the input and output services
- Configures the event-based services and batch consumption
- Develops product front-end and custom queries
- Develops stewardship workflows
Data Engineer (MDM) (Developer/Configuration Coder/Quality Engineer)
- Support the definition, prioritization, and implementation of a comprehensive MDM strategy and operating model, transforming how data is sourced, managed, standardized, governed, and consumed
- Establish relationships with cross-functional business stakeholders to identify areas of opportunities, process improvements, and data/technology-enabled innovations in support of MDM
- Lead the MDM Product roadmap and provide thought leadership to improve master data and drive operational transformation and innovation
- Implement data management best practices in collaboration with key stakeholders and contributors (Data Governance, Control, IT, Business)
- Implement ETL workflows and technologies for data matching, data cleansing, data integration, and management to and from MDM data
- In collaboration with key IT stakeholders, deliver sustainable, scalable, reliable, and secure software solutions focusing on automation to support the stability of the enterprise data platform
- Plays a key role in the resolution of data gaps and quality problems through error detection and correction
- Ensures master data integrity across business units and systems and being a key function in the feedback loop to for ongoing improvements in data quality.
- Ensures quality of master data in key systems, as well as, development and documentation of processes with other functional data owners to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity.
- Develop and implement strategies to translate business requirements and models into feasible and acceptable master data management designs to ensure that business needs are met.
- Provide data “consulting” in support of business and information technology initiatives to improve overall clarity, connection, and quality of data.
- 3-5+ years’ experience in a Data Engineering role focused on MDM/Data Management or equivalent practical experience
- Hands-on experience in implementing and/or managing MDM (Informatica C360, Profisee, Semarchy, Ataccama, or similar MDM tools)
- Proficient in Master Data Management technology platforms and integration frameworks
- Proficient in data product management methodology and framework and a proven track record of deploying MDM best practices
- Experience developing data catalogs and data cleanliness to ensure clarity and correctness of key business metrics
- Strong knowledge of standard algorithms, data structures, object-oriented programming, and design
- Experience using Java and Python
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy; strong critical self-review skills.
- You possess the talent and experience for influencing and networking to help build and foster strong business relationships and leveraging those relationships to seek consensus amongst stakeholders on master data management matters and an ability to delivery strong written and verbal communication
- Proactive problem solving with a “solution rather than problem” focused mentality.
Good to have experience:
- Experience maintaining master data in MS SQL.
- Experience with full stack development, preferably in one or more of OO programming languages, like C#, Java, C++
- Experience in working in an agile development environment
- Demonstrated mid-level or above proficiency with MS Office Excel, analyzing and manipulating large datasets through formulas and macros.
- Experience participating in technology implementation projects.
- Proficiency in JIRA, Atlassian, and Git.
- Strong analytical abilities with experience extracting data and developing reports.
Note: Prudential is required by state specific laws to include the salary range for this role when hiring a resident in applicable locations. The salary range for this role is from $151,500.00 to $204,900.00. Specific pricing for the role may vary within the above range based on many factors including geographic location, candidate experience, and skills. Roles may also be eligible for additional compensation and/or benefits. Eligibility to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please email email@example.com .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.