Experience: 8-12 years
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
You are talented Data Engineer who is excited about redefining, re imagining, and contributing towards building a modern data infrastructure. We believe data engineering and analytics is about harnessing the power of data, built on solid foundation of software engineering, data modelling , DevOps skills & more. We recognise that you may have varied mix of skills, experiences & strengths, be it, big data, cloud data warehouse, data pipelines, stream processing , data modeling or dashboarding. We want to talk to you.
Our goal is to transform the way customers interact with the digital workspace by providing a platform for data aggregation, reporting, data visualization, analytics
, machine learning, and custom workflows.
As a member of the EUC Horizon Data Analytics team, you'll have the opportunity to work with highly skilled, passionate software engineers across Bangalore, Palo Alto. The EUC Horizon Data Analytics team vision is to become the central leading-edge innovator of business insights and analytics solutions. The mission is to help our stakeholders and customers realize the possibility of data analytics to enable growth opportunities.
If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join our End User Computing Horizon Data Analytics team as we challenge constraints and solve tomorrow’s problems today!
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 3-9 months you will work toward completing?
- As a Data Engineer you will be expected to build end-to-end analytical and dashboarding solutions that are highly scalable, performant, secure, and resilient
- Partner closely with Customer Success, Product Management, Field Engineering and Support teams to understand their business challenges and develop appropriate analytics, reporting and visualization solutions to address them
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Act as BI Data and analytics expert. Analyze data to answer business questions, recommend analytic solutions to provide business insight, and craft dashboards for long term business needs using Industry leading BI tools : Tableau, Power BI,Mode Analytics, SQL skills, R/Python , various machine learning or statistical libraries and tools
- You will participate in all the development phases dashboards & analytics including requirements, design, coding, unit testing, debugging and performance tuning.
- Work and execute on projects with both structured and unstructured data in a big data environment, Own and deliver key product features
- Actively contribute to a culture of high ownership, continuous improvement and engineering excellence
- Support communication, training, and documentation to enable successful user adoption
- Collaborate with other team members and need to provide support and mentoring
- Proactively engage with Business stakeholders with a consultative approach
- Always be on the lookout for ways to improve our development practices and processes
What is leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
This role will be reporting to the Manager/Senior Manager, Engineering. Our team’s focus is on challenging the status quo by innovating but at the same time getting stuff done. We believe in building trust amongst all our stakeholders and committing to make our customers successful.The team is organised based on modules to define clear responsibility and accountability. At the same time teams are fluid enough to own up whatever is needed for the larger product to be successful.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes
Engineering and Technology
Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time:
Cloud Management: VMware’s Cloud Management team delivers vRealize Suite, a solution that’s essential to accelerating our customers’ journey to digital transformation. It’s our market-leading, state-of-the-art cloud management platform designed to deliver and manage IT services across private, public, and hybrid clouds. VRealize Suite is an integrated, comprehensive solution that meets the challenge of managing a cloud infrastructure from a single pane of glass. We’re changing the way users design, build, view, and manage public and private clouds, and enabling them to run with optimal performance, insightful analytics and automated delivery. Join our user-focused team of software engineers, data scientists, web designers, product managers, and marketers. You’ll gain valuable experience in the fast-growing field of cloud infrastructure management from a pioneer and industry leader.
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.