Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse’s takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Virgin Pulse values and celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. As a global employer, we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. As we are committed to diversifying our company, we strongly encourage candidates that are historically underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
Who you are
You are an experienced Data Scientist who will be able to hit the ground running to support the organization’s efforts to maintain leadership in the employee health engagement SaaS industry. This role will be responsible for accessing and building datasets, designing and conducting complex analysis, and creating and delivering data visualizations and reports. The incumbent will be able to interpret findings, clearly communicate results, and make recommendations to stakeholders. In addition, this role will provide support and innovation for our advanced client-facing reporting and visualization needs. We are looking for someone who is self-directed and thrives working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, in which expectations are high for both the quality and speed of work. A successful candidate will have a hunger for continuous learning, development of new skills on the job as well as the willingness to jump in on any project to support the team.
In this role you will wear many hats but your skills will be especially essential in the following:
- Develop and maintain complex R reporting processes critical to the business. This includes data calculation, visualization, and automation.
- Write SQL programs to access, clean, and transform required data prior to analysis and reporting
- Gather requirements and serve as data expert with client success team. Take front-end needs and translate them into achievable technical tasks
- Efficiently manage long-term research projects, starting with hypothesis development and data gathering, then to analysis and modeling, and through to communications and recommendations.
- Develop data visualizations to provide insights with more impact, specifically with relation to book of business outcomes reporting and client specific projects
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis as required to support internal stakeholders in Client Success, Sales, and Marketing
- Collaborate with other internal analytics and client reporting team members to ensure appropriate data is analyzed and that results are provided in a format consistent with standard and customized client reporting services
- Troubleshoot and perform data audits to ensure and improve data integrity; investigate and resolve data discrepancies
What you bring to the team
- A bachelor’s degree in statistics, computer science, economics, or related field; Master’s degree is a plus
- 3+ years of work experience in a similar position; employee health management/health engagement industry preferred
- Advanced knowledge and recent hands-on experiences in SQL databases, Redshift preferred
- Expertise coding in at least one scripting language, R strongly preferred
- Knowledge of data visualization tools and techniques preferred (i.e. ggplot2, Tableau MicroStrategy)
- Experience with producing and delivering results using varied media (i.e. multiple MS office formats, dashboards/visualization tools)
- Comfortable working collaboratively in a global environment with remote teams
In addition, you possess the following additional competencies and characteristics:
- Strong analytical ability, with an emphasis on quantitative analysis, descriptive and inferential statistics
- Experience working with large-scale datasets and multiple projects simultaneously
- Aptitude to learn new technologies and troubleshoot complex problems independently
- Creative energy, self-starter, works equally well independently and collaboratively
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changes in priority quickly and seamlessly
- Excellent communication and organization skills with the ability to manage competing priorities, meet deadlines, and process ad-hoc requests
Work to maintain system and data security at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised. Adhere to industry best practice coding standards and verify all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities such as those defined and published by OWASP.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.