Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
Manulife has a clear vision for a Global Data Strategy. By liberating and strengthening Manulife’s data capabilities we will enable deeper insights, better product and service design, and more effective business processes.
Does rapid discovery, iteration, experimentation, and curiosity fuel your purpose? Do you want to be part of our mission to make decisions easier and lives better for our customers and employees?
We are on a journey to become a customer-focused, digital, and data leader. We’re redefining how we enable and leverage data, and we need you!Who you are?
What role will I play?
- Care about our customers, seeking ways to listen, engage and act for their benefit.
- Think big, with a constant curiosity to discover ways to use an agile approach and enable the business to achieve its outcomes.
- Passionate about Data.
- Thrive in teams, believing getting it done together drives innovation.
- Take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters.
- Doing what is right, working with integrity and speaking out when needed.
- Share your humanity, building a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone.
Our Global Technology Service Management Team is seeking a Tech Lead, reporting into the Leader of IT Intelligence and Analytics team.
What value can I add?
- Champion and support strategic &/or global data initiatives that strengthen Manulife’s global data and advance analytic capabilities.
- Cultivate cross-segment collaboration and communication helping build an agile data-driven culture.
- Lead and nurture open data design and architecture establishing conditions for successful technical and analytic innovation.
- Participate in requirement gathering activities with focus on data strategy and work closely with partners and end users.
- Define Data architecture for enterprise level application based on industry leading best practices and standards.
- Define and maintain custody of data dictionary for multiple databases and data structures from enterprise monitoring ecosystem.
- Design, develop and test database queries, stored procedures for database instances.
- Design, develop and test APIs as clients can retrieve specific set of data from database. Publish APIs through gateway to meet data compliance and data security standards.
- Coordinate and collaborate with data engineers, data analysts and client partners.
- Build data ingestion and transformation pipeline for relational and non-relational data in real-time.
- Advance level data transformation and orchestration of multiple data sources and provide insights.
Skills And Experience
- You will lead various data initiatives from an architecture perspective, provide direction to multiple scrum teams on different data initiatives and align with enterprise data strategy.
- Build short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and an overall information and data management roadmap.
- Assess and resolve governance, stewardship, and frameworks for managing data across the enterprise.
- Ensure that data strategies and architectures are in regulatory compliance. Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones are needed.
- Select and implement the appropriate tools, software, applications, and systems to support data technology goals.
- Collaborate with project leads and consultants and business unit leaders for all projects involving enterprise data and analytics.
Nice To Haves
- Data modeling for large-scale systems and familiarity with electronic data standards (ACORD or equivalent)
- Deep knowledge and experience in the design and implementation of Enterprise Data Integration/Semantic/Information models patterns and frameworks
- Awareness of regulatory and compliance directives such as BCBS230, PIPEDA, GDPR
- Expert in Data Architecture, Data Strategy, and Roadmap for large and complex organizations and systems and implemented large-scale end-to-end Data Management & Analytics solutions
- Expert in Data Quality, Data Profiling, Data Governance, Data Security, Metadata Management, MDM, Data Lake, Data Archival, and Data Migration strategies using appropriate tools
- Expert in building and operationalizing Big Data platforms in the cloud using one of the public clouds, preferably MS Azure.
- Expert in automating data pipelines in a Big Data ecosystem, DevOps and CICD.
- ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tools (e.g. Informatica, Talend, Pentaho) and BI tools and reporting software (e.g. Power BI, Tableau)
- Analytical tools, languages, or libraries (e.g. Python, Spark, etc.)
- Hadoop stack (e.g. MapReduce, Sqoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark, Python, Kafka)
What can we offer you?
- Knowledge of Elastic, NoSQL platforms
- Experience in building Microservices architecture
- Experience in Canary deployments, 0-downtime, 0-data loss, active-active DR
- Exposure to and an understanding of Agile scrum methodologies and experience of working in an Agile team
- Exposure to and basic understanding of collaboration tools like Slack, Skype, Teams, and JIRA
Our Commitment To You
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
- Professional development and leadership opportunities.
We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.Boundless opportunity
We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.Continuous innovation
We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.Championing Corporate Citizenship
We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
About John Hancock And Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and education savings plans. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com.