Indie Campers, the go-to campervan Marketplace, is on a mission of making road trips available to everyone. Thanks to its digital approach and customer-centric orientation, Indie Campers has developed a strong booking experience and high-quality road trips at affordable prices.
With over one million nights rented through our travel platform, we have welcomed more than 300,000 travelers from 169 countries. We offer a comprehensive and expanding array of road trip possibilities: short-term RV rentals, long-term campervan subscriptions, and the possibility of buying one of our vehicles available for sale.
Rooted in a deep technological focus, our challenges are both exciting and demanding and require top talent and motivation to be successfully pursued. We are growing our team and looking for those interested in pursuing this dream with us and joining an ever-developing journey.
As Indie Campers Data Engineer, you will be responsible for building Indie Campers systems for data collection, management and conversation, turning raw data into usable information for our Data team and various Business Stakeholders to use.
You will be joining our Data team in our Lisbon HQ, reporting directly to the Revenue Chief of Staff, and working very closely with Engineering, Product, Marketing, Revenue Management and Business Development teams.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
- Build and sustain data pipelines to extract, clean and transform large-scale data sets;
- Design and build data management solutions focused on data acquisition, data quality, data transformation and migration planning;Provide hands-on design and implementation
- expertise around data warehousing, ensuring report development and data modelling capabilities across Indie Campers.;
- Guarantee & Implement data structures to preserve institutional knowledge;
- Translate and optimise code from data scientists to production;
- Collaborate with data scientists, business analysts and department leads to test and implement algorithms and predictive models.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree in any quantitative discipline (such as Statistics, Mathematics, or Physics) or in Engineering, Business, Finance, Economics, Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Data Engineer;
- Proficiency in SQL and Excel;
- Proficiency working with AWS and it's services;
- Prior experience with data visualisation tools (Tableau, QuickSight, Redshift, Power BI);
- Prioritisation of business goals - Delivery is key!
- Highly analytical and systematic mindset with attention to detail and the ability to maintain the focus in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Fluent in English.