Within the Data & Technology department, the primary mission of the Global Data Management team (GDM) is to design, manage, quality assure and make available high volume of investment data required and consumed by many functions at Allianz Global Investors.GDM team members leverage on dual competences:
strong business knowledge of the data and advanced data analysis techniques
The team runs state-of-art technologies (Markit-EDM, Microsoft SQL Server, etc.) to store and master the data produced by the Investment & Operations value chain.
You will join a multicultural team with a global footprint (Hong-Kong, India, Germany, France, UK, US) and operating a 24/5 follow-the-sun model.Within this team, your roles and responsibilities will be:
- Develop an in depth understanding of the internal data structure, for a wide-array of data sets like securities, credit ratings, sector classifications, analytics, transactions, positions, portfolio valuations, benchmarks, etc. – all required to support a robust investment firm
- Take ownership of a set of daily data quality checks run on our investment data
- Address data queries from and data issues raised by the consuming functions
- Interact with all data providers - for data issues and service reviews
- Support and enhance existing processes and tools
- Recommend solution design ideas for an efficient and scalable data management framework
- Work collaboratively with teammates and stakeholders (IT, Investments, Risk, etc.)
- Act as a reliable Data Steward and support AGI Data Strategy and AGI Data Governance Principles
- We encourage candidates with 3-5 years experience within the investment management sector and with demonstrated data skills to apply.
- An experience with Bloomberg AIM and Markit EDM solutions is a plus.
- SQL and Excel skills are required, while VBA, Python, PowerBI are a plus.
- A successful candidate will thrive in a global and fast-paced environment, will enjoy taking ownership of a range of daily activities and operational responsibilities, will seek to document and improve existing processes at every opportunity and will contribute to new projects and developments assigned to the team.
- The candidate can expect to be exposed to global markets, a wide range of asset classes, various types of investment data and a set of in-house data management tools.
- The candidate must be highly motivated and eager to learn.
- Language: English
Allianz Global Investors is a leading active asset manager with over 690 investment professionals in 23 offices worldwide and managing EUR 598 billion in assets for individuals, families and institutions.