PriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpider's proprietary technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 1,500 brands around the globe.
The Data Analyst I will perform various data analytics tasks, developing (or assisting in the development of) various reports, dashboards and complex SQL queries for use by both internal PriceSpider staff as well as external PriceSpider customers. The primary responsibility of the Data Analyst will be delivering client-facing reports as part of an application suite utilizing Looker as the delivery platform.
Essential Function & Responsibilities:
- Design, prototype, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve various data analytics, queries, reports and dashboards
- Analyze and decompose complex data analysis problems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence reporting solutions
- Extract, clarify, and understand the business questions that our employees and clients need help answering with queries, reports and dashboards
- Translate business demands into query strategies and data visualization methods that drive clarity and ease of information consumption by users of reports and dashboards
- Provide Looker support to internal/external stakeholders
- Obtains user feedback to tune and improve reports and dashboards for better usability
- Enhance and supports existing models/dashboards/explores
- Run QA tests on report features and report data quality
- Work with BigQuery, SQL and Looker, and other data and analytics platforms
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Information Technology or Data Science Degree, Certification, or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Solid understanding of databases and SQL
- Demonstrable SQL query skills including ability to write complex queries with joins and constraints
- Experience with data visualization software
- Experience with any of the following: SQL, Postgres, MySQL, BigQuery, Looker, Excel, Google Sheets
- Experience delivering client-facing applications using Looker as the delivery platform is a plus
- Prior experience working with Google Cloud platform
- Knowledge of Python, Pandas, and NumPy
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and to efficiently balance multiple simultaneous projects with disparate timelines
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, interrupt-driven environment with an emphasis on rapid iteration guided by group feedback
- Familiar with modern, agile project methodologies including SCRUM and Kanban
This is a remote position.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.