Light up your career at Scandinavian Tobacco Group
Scandinavian Tobacco Group is looking to strengthen our Information Management team with an experienced Cloud Data Engineer with strong hands-on skills. If you have several years of experience developing highly scalable data solutions ground-up in Azure and you thrive in a fast-paced Agile environment, then read on!
If you’ve got ambition, we’ve got empowerment
In Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG), we are incredibly excited to embark on a digital transformation journey from fragmented local BI environments to a corporate-wide cloud data hub supporting self-service.
We are now accelerating our cloud-native initiative leveraging the power of the Microsoft Azure ecosystem to offer new-generation functionality and services to our clients globally.
As a Cloud data engineer, you will be responsible for developing the infrastructure that provides insight from raw data. You will, among other things, architect, design, and implement individual cloud data hub components in close collaboration with your colleagues in the team.
Your primary tasks will include the following:
- Engineering individual cloud data hub components as per solution design
- Developing and maintaining cloud pipelines for data processing, management, and transitioning
- Writing and maintaining secure, robust, scalable, and efficient code that turns business concepts into tangible solutions
- Ensuring the quality of the solution by implementing manual and automated unit and integration test
- Responding to technical issues in a professional and timely manner
- Driving engineering best practices like Automation, CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, and DevOps
- Participating in Agile ceremonies, e.g., sprint planning, backlog refinement, retrospectives, and demos
- Setting and maintaining high standards of quality in the team.
Whom we are looking for:
The ideal candidate would be a pragmatic data engineer with solid hands-on skills within Azure data components. More specifically, we expect you to have a successful track record in most of the following areas:
- Architecting and developing enterprise-level cloud-native data platforms in Azure
- Experience with Azure data components ecosystem, e.g., Synapse, Data Factory, Data Lake, Data Bricks
- Experience with PowerShell scripting.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft data management tools including Power BI, PowerPivot
- Fluent in English
Furthermore, one or more of the following skills will be considered an advantage:
- Agile and time-boxed development principles, e.g., XP, Scrum
- Experience with DAX coding
- Experience with CluedIn
- Building CI/CD pipelines using Azure DevOps
- Writing unit and integration tests for stored procedures and data transformation pipelines
- Event streaming knowledge, e.g., Kappa architecture, Microsoft Event / IoT Hub.
The Information Management team consists of 9 internal specialists and several external partners and works out of both Gentofte (DK) and Eersel (NL). Whether you will be based out of either, you will be regularly checking in with the teammates in the other location so that some travel activity will be expected.
Join a world-leading manufacturer of cigars and pipe tobacco
If you are up to the challenge, we are looking forward to receiving your application. Please send your application no later than September 30, 2021. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact our Head of information management, Rasmus Vienberg at email@example.com, and to visit our website www.st group.com
IGNITED BY CHALLENGE
Scandinavian Tobacco Group is all about creating moments of great enjoyment for smokers. This promise has made us a world leading manufacturer of cigars and traditional pipe tobacco.
When you join our company, you’ll be part of an industry that is constantly changing. It takes a team of quick minds to grow and thrive, even when you deliver high-quality, natural products like ours. That’s why we look for smart, tenacious people who will go that extra mile. In return, we offer you the opportunity to challenge the status quo and the chance to develop new products and techniques. We’ll give you the freedom to question the way we do things and room to explore as far as your talent will take you.
It is our belief that smoking tobacco involves a health risk and is habitual. Smoking is a choice made by adults, and nobody under the age of 18 should smoke. Scandinavian Tobacco Group welcomes both smokers and non-smokers.