As a Senior Data Engineer, you will work with the team to build complex data pipelines using a new cutting-edge Data Ingestion Platform as well as several new and exciting products in the Big Data/Advanced Analytics space. You will operate in a fast-paced environment where multiple project deliverables are coordinated within specified deadlines. With minimal supervision, analyzes business needs and delivers high quality data. This is a great opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies as well as propel your career.
Principal Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Work closely with a team of Database and Business Intelligence engineers to implement standards and best practices to achieve maximum performance and efficiency of the DW ecosystem.
- Work on different ETL and Database tools like Talend, Redshift, Vertica and Tableau.
- Work on an Agile/Scrum environment and follow agile/Scrum practices
- Work on data quality, integrity and reliability and ensure end to end data processing is successfully implemented
- Work on Design and implementation of AWS cloud platform service offerings as it relates to Data processing
- Designing, implementing, and testing major subsystems of Eliza’s AWS cloud platform and core service offerings
- Formulate and recommend standards for achieving maximum performance and efficiency of the DW ecosystem.
- Design, build, and maintain core ETL systems, with a focus on data quality and monitoring.
- Interprets user requirements, updates, creates, publishes and implements test plans for both manual and automation testing
- Developing and following best practices relative to design, implementation, and testing
- Provides guidance and training to more junior team members.
- Analyzes the existing database query sets and makes recommendations for more efficient designs.
- Assist with database schema design and query tuning.
- Assist with any troubleshooting of issues across the entire technology stack - hardware, software, application and network – and engage with the appropriate team(s), seeing issues through to resolution
- Program per data transformation specifications to convert source data to be loaded into data lake using proprietary big data processing platform
- Supports and improves current data ingestion processes for our proprietary healthcare data applications and systems
- Work as a team member in the creation and maintenance of data engineering processes using a variety of tools including T-SQL, Spark and Scala, and shell scripting. Generally focused on data ingestion for healthcare data management, data validation, statistical report generation, and program validation.
- Work as a team member to develop tools and techniques for improving process efficiencies and data performance.
- Review & test the data to ensure accuracy & validity of the data prior to uploading the data to the data lake.
- Perform data analysis, data mining and investigations and identify root cause of issues using several cutting-edge data analysis tools.
- Work with Technical Operations to troubleshoot complex database issues related to the entire environment including OS, storage and servers. Provide off hours support to resolve production issues when necessary
- Mentor junior team members in data engineering and quality best practices.
- Oversees the delivery of business priorities in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) environment
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as Computer Science, Engineering, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years’ experience with data aggregation, standardization, linking, quality check mechanisms, and reporting.
- 2+ years’ experience with RDBMS (Oracle, MS SQL Server) and using SQL or other data integration/ETL tools.
- Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop and Spark a plus.
- Experience within the Healthcare or Insurance space in a Data Warehouse operations organization a plus
- Experience with ticketing and documentation tools such as Jira.
- Strong knowledge of coding and ability to follow best practices while developing and deploying codes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize projects to meet scheduled deadlines.
- Ability to analyze data with a high level of detailed accuracy and identify root causes of issues using queries.
- Ability to work well independently or in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
- Train and mentor team members in advanced Programming
- Aid in capacity planning and resource management
For the safety of our employees and those considering employment with Cotiviti, we are currently conducting all interviews virtually. In addition, the majority of the Cotiviti team is currently working remotely, and we are onboarding new hires remotely as well. As we monitor the pandemic, these arrangements may change and we will update accordingly.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)