We are looking for a Data Scientist to join the Marketplace team – Spotify’s division dedicated to helping artists thrive. Marketplace’s mission is to build features and services that help artists (and their teams) grow an audience, monetize their fans, and make their best art. A key focus of that mission is to empower artists using SoundBetter, a music services marketplace that Spotify recently acquired, to help those artists connect with others to complete their music.
Using our petabytes of data, you will help build the technology that allows Spotify to continue empowering musicians to collaborate together, accounting for a complex set of artist needs, preferences, and goals. In doing so, you will have a proven impact on bringing Spotify’s two-sided marketplace vision to life.
What you’ll do:
- Perform analyses and research on large sets of data to extract insights that will help drive Spotify’s roadmap across the SoundBetter marketplace, from strategy to execution.
- Take on data projects that balance the needs of the SoundBetter two-sided marketplace, considering the goals of artist creators with providers who can help fulfill those goals.
- Own end-to-end projects to ensure your findings are executed and tested effectively.
- Partner closely with the engineers on the team to help inform, build and test the models that fuel our products.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of data scientists, researchers, product owners, engineers, designers, marketers, and others across the company who are passionate about our marketplace
- Define the metrics we use to measure the health of our marketing tools and initiatives.
Who you are:
- A deep understanding of statistics, a strong business sense, and understanding of marketplace dynamics.
- 4+ years of demonstrated ability in a similar data scientist role
- Degree in data science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or a similar quantitative field.
- Significant experience with A/B testing – crafting success metrics, running power analyses, determining statistical significance, and presenting findings with clear product recommendations or implications.
- Worked with a team of engineers and data engineers building machine learning tools in production and at scale.
- Your toolkit is diverse, from coding skills like Python or R to analytics tools experience such as SQL.
- You’re a compelling storyteller who can communicate in succinct and inspiring ways to audiences with varied data science experience to influence real world product or feature decisions.
- Strong communication skills and value building strong relationships with colleagues and partners as well as the ability to explain complex topics in straightforward terms.
- Comfortable working with distributed teams across multiple offices and timezones.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.