Senior Data Engineer (Off-Site)
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL
. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins
is all about.
We are looking for a talented Senior Data Engineer (Off-Site
) to join our team specializing in Systems/Information technology for our Corporate/CBS Segment
in Columbus, IN your home office. (Off-Site
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Uses innovative and modern tools, techniques, and architectures to partially or completely automate the most-common, repeatable and tedious data preparation and integration tasks in order to minimize manual and error-prone processes and improve productivity.
- Assists with renovating the data management infrastructure to drive automation in data integration and management.
- Designs, develops and operates large scale data storage and processing solutions using different distributed and cloud based platforms for storing data (e.g. Data Lakes, Hadoop, Hbase, Cassandra, MongoDB, Accumulo, DynamoDB, others).
- Leads projects for design, development and maintenance of a data and analytics platform. Effectively and efficiently process, store and make data available to analysts and other consumers.
- Ensures the timeliness and success of critical analytics initiatives by using agile development technologies such as DevOps, Scrum, Kanban.
- Programming languages across Scala, Python, Pyspark, NodeJS and Express. CI/CD and Test Automation of Big data pipelines using BDD/TDD frameworks and tools like Qtest, Selenium etc.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant industry experience- required.
- Bachelor's Degree in equivalent degree preferred or equivalent work experience in relevant technical discipline- required.
- Designing Big Data engineering and pipeline solutions for both batch and streaming jobs Azure Data Services (Data Lake, Data Factory, SQL DB, Synapse, Cosmos DB)- preferred.
- Azure Databricks (Knowledge of clusters, Using and administration of Job, Interactive, Streaming clusters- preferred.
Compensation And Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
United States-Indiana-Columbus-US, IN, Columbus, Sears Building
Experienced - Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type
Exempt - Experienced
Sep 20, 2022, 2:29:15 PM