We are seeking a Data Engineer, with DevOps and AWS experience, that will support federal government customer. In this project, we develop, manage, and maintain a grants system that processes billions in grants annually. The Grants Center of Excellence (GrantsSolutions.gov, becoming GS.gov) was one of three such centers chosen by OMB to cross-service grant-making agencies. We integrated the Mandatory Grants Module into COE to support formula, block, and entitlement grants.
The Full Stack Developers will work closely with the program office to verify and validate the design standard and guide them towards best practices in System Architectures. This position will be located in Rockville, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for designing robust ETL framework with proper triggers and data quality checks in place.
- Be responsible for designing and maintaining BI environment with underlying AWS Redshift and Oracle databases.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to understand the business and analytics needs.
- Support Cloud development pipelines using Jenkins, Cloud Formation, Puppet and other tools as appropriate.
- Script and automate system tasks to reduce manual repetitive work using Terraform, Puppet and other technologies as appropriate.
- Participate in production software deployments working closely with other members of the production support group to ensure the proper transition of system changes into the production environments.
- Perform general technical trouble shooting & give consultation to development teams.
- Create & maintain technical documentation including system diagrams & operational procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems Management or other related engineering field.
- 5 years of experience in data warehouse design and implementation initiatives, knowledge of various data modeling methodologies, relational, dimensional or hybrid.
- 3 years of experience designing and developing enterprise-level ETL processes, Matillion required.
- 3 years of experience writing, optimizing, and validating SQL queries.
- 1 year of experience supporting AWS Redshift production environment.
- A full understanding of the software development life cycle (Agile and Waterfall)
- Ability to independently research and resolve technical problems in a complex IT environment with local and remote groups
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and listening skills
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance.
Synectics is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and an impressive full benefits package that includes employee medical and dental, 401k, company paid life and short/long term disability insurance and paid leave. along with an environment that supports professional development and growth. Our hiring process is 100% online.