Senior Data Analyst
GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Reporting to the Senior Administrative Manager of ED Quality and Analytics, the Senior Data Analyst will create and drive optimal value through delivery of impactful analytics insights, data visualization, and statistical analyses for the Department of Emergency Medicine. The Senior Data Analyst will perform advanced-level analytic and reporting tasks to support operational reporting, quality improvement initiatives, and the department’s expansive research portfolio. The Senior Data Analyst should be able to work independently to analyze, design, and document data requirements according to project specifications, and apply skills to perform data analyses. They will maintain various databases and be accountable for the timely and accurate production of reports. This requires experience working with healthcare data and the ability to evolve the data reporting systems to meet the needs of the changing healthcare environment. They will need a thorough understanding of the data/information quality principles in healthcare data management, as well as manipulation and interpretation of large databases in an academic medical center environment. The incumbent will be an expert in translating data into information in an easily understandable, graphical format.
The Senior Data Analyst will be a highly integrated team member interfacing with Principal Investigators, Medical Directors, Senior Administrators, as well as other research staff on a regular basis.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with large-scale healthcare data sets to analyze Emergency Department (ED) data and acts as a statistical subject matter expert and resource for numerous projects.
- Provides consultative and analytical support including design, implementation, coordination, and data querying to support ED operations, and research projects.
- Utilizes data from ED databases, Epic, EDW, D4Q, and other institutional resources to run queries, analyze data and understand trends.
- Prepares and monitors various statistical reports related to ED operations, such as volume, LOS, capacity, patient experience, quality and safety measures, regulatory compliance, etc.
- Translates raw data into information that is presented in an easily understandable, graphical format. Summarizes key informational points for executive briefing.
- Performs complex data acquisition, storage, cleaning, and pre-processing. Extracts ad hoc data; designs queries and reports, including graphic display.
- Performs advanced quantitative statistical analysis methods.
- Ensures data integrity by maintaining existing ED databases and identifying areas for improvement in data reporting. Implements quality control, data security procedures and data audits.
- Independently investigates and proposes solutions for validating and integrating data from different sources including, but not limited to the information systems at the hospital and department level.
- Provides tabular and graphic summaries that accurately reflect results of the analysis in a form suitable for inclusion in presentations.
- Automates ED data, analytics and metrics into dynamic management reports.
- Collaborates with investigators on the design, data collection, statistical analysis and interpretation of clinical research data.
- Acts as a resource for investigators and other research personnel on data analysis.
- Works independently and effectively with clients at all levels to understand the purpose of their requests and provide a meaningful deliverable.
- Must be able to exercise appropriate judgment as necessary. Requires verbal and written communication skills to effectively collect, analyze, validate information with users.
- Understands and participates in Mass General Brigham enterprise initiatives that includes data and business intelligence solutions.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Strong computer skills including MS Access, Excel, SQL, SAS and Tableau.
- Strong statistical, analytical and technical skills. Advanced knowledge of statistical analysis approaches (e.g., linear, logistic, and regularized regression; longitudinal analyses; handling of missing data).
- Ability to perform complex statistics or biostatistics, data mining, database management, and computer programming (preferably Python and/or R, SAS a plus).
- Demonstrated expertise in manipulating, interpreting and presenting data using clinical, hospital-based, and financial databases.
- Ability to take initiative and proactively identify problems and propose solutions
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced, highly collaborative and supportive environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities and provide updates.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with individuals at all levels within institution.
- Works independently under minimal supervision; will be expected to meet regularly with their supervisor to review work.
- High degree of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality
2-5 years of experience in managing complex data required.
- Experience with data collection, database management analysis and written presentation of analysis.
- Expertise using MS Access, Excel, and SQL.
- Data analysis algorithms (modeling, forecasting) and programming using Python or R.
- Knowledge of statistics and theory of probabilities.
Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
Primary Location MA-Boston-MGH Main Campus
Work Locations MGH Main Campus 55 Fruit Street Boston 02114
Job Business and Systems Analyst
Organization Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
Standard Hours 40
Shift Day Job
Posted Shift Description Work will be performed mainly in a remote location, though may require some in-person presence as determined by the manager.
Employee Status Regular
Recruiting Department MGH Emergency Dept
Job Posting Oct 12, 2021