The Data Analyst will provide insights through data analytics that drive strategic business decisions. The Data Analyst provides internal and external customers with analysis to make informed strategic decisions. The Data Analyst primarily support the sales, marketing and customer experience departments, serving as the central point for analytical themed projects.Roles and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate work meetings, asks the right questions, and actively listens to colleagues taking in new information and building relationships. Project success involves the analyst's ability to communicate project requirements, changes, and testing results.
- Build a shared understanding of problems, outline the parameters of the project, and determine potential solutions for customers.
- Proactively identify and recommend business process improvements. Appropriately assist the business in applying analytics insights in order to improve business decision making and portfolio steering processes.
- Act as an intermediary between a variety of people with various types of personalities: clients, developers, users, management, and information technology (IT).
- Assess multiple choices before leading the team toward a solution. Effectively doing so requires a critical review of data, documentation, and other elements required to deliver the project.
- Become familiar with vendor and subscription tools (e.g. Comperemedia, Census, IBIS, SNL, etc.).
- Work with databases containing data from multiple sources, at various granular levels, to deliver data in good quality for use in analytics and visualization projects.
- Drive automation of existing data processes to improve reporting efficiency.
- Assist in the development of data dashboards with visualization capabilities.
- Work with IT and other stakeholders to prepare, maintain and assure quality of external data sources (e.g. Experian, social media or weather data for additional analysis) including internal data sources.
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tool sets
- Analyze market data such as competitor coverage offerings, overall market dynamics and relevant market developments.
- Utilize project management skills to ensure quality delivery of new/revised projects to internal and external partners.
- Develop queries, reports and other end user applications to meet the needs of the business.
- Develop and expand knowledge of relevant tools and techniques.
- Act as a change agent during the transition to an analytics-driven organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Analysis or similar major; Master's degree preferred.
- AINS designation required; CPCU preferred.
- Strong problem solving, diagnostic, and analytical skills.
- Ability to relate numbers and calculations to ideas and business questions.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of tools.
- Competent in statistical programming languages (e.g. SQL, R).
- Good oral and written communication skills are essential to work with a diverse group of people, build strong relationships, and provide customer-focused support.
- Collaborating with other administrative professionals is important and should progress and correspond for each level. Higher levels of administrative professionals should have established competencies of interpersonal perceptive, managing ambiguity, and decision quality. .
At American Modern, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
American Modern is a widely recognized, national leader in the specialty insurance business. With close to 50 years of experience in the manufactured housing insurance sector, the company delivers specialized products and services for residential property and the recreational market. One of our newest lines is pet health insurance. The company is headquartered in suburban Cincinnati, Ohio.
American Modern is licensed in all 50 states and offers insurance products through a number of property and casualty companies which serve more than 1.7 million policyholders. As part of its parent company, American Modern’s companies are rated A+ (Superior) by the A.M. Best Company an independent analyst of the insurance industry, and is also a Ward’s 50® Top Performer another well-regarded industry standard of stability and excellence.
American Modern joined Munich Re as a key part of the world reinsurance leader’s North American insurance operations in April 2008. Munich Re has approximately 47,000 employees in over 50 locations throughout the world and operates in all lines of insurance. It is among the top 100 companies on the Forbes Global 500 list.