Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee
- Location: Sydney or Melbourne
- Type: Permanent, full time
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Machine Learning Engineer to join our Data Science team. Reporting to the Head of Data Science and Machine Learning, you will drive the adoption and application of scientific principles to business processes and decisions to improve the quality and performance of various business units.
Your new role
A day in your new role may look a bit like this..
- Translate the decision-making needs and timeframes of internal business unit stakeholders into data driven, analytically tractable and scientifically provable problems
- Apply scientific methods and big data tools to resolve them, sourcing and integrating relevant data
- Collaborating with technical and subject matter expert peers as required to communicate results, findings and recommendations back to business owners within actionable timeframes
- Take ownership of, and deliver enterprise grade machine learning training and inference pipelines
- In conjunction with the Analytics Partners prioritise projects and tech debt activities across the portfolio adapting to ever changing business environment
- Provide analytics thought leadership to the business and align thinking to business strategy
To be successful in this Lead Machine Learning Engineer role you will have solid experience in a similar role within Financial Services/Regulated Industry. You will also have;
- Analytics experience using modern data science tools such as R, Python, Azure and Databricks
- Experience in producing meaningful insights from large structured and unstructured datasets
- Experience in presenting complex analytics solutions to an audience with a wide range of analytics knowledge
- Proven experience delivering beneficial projects in an agile work environment
- Bachelors/Masters qualifications preferably in Engineering, Science or Mathematical discipline
We can never really predict what’s around the corner, but at QBE we’re asking the right questions to enable a more resilient future – helping those around us build strength and embrace change to their advantage. We’re an international insurer that’s building momentum towards realising our vision of becoming the most consistent and innovative risk partner.
And our people will be at the centre of our success. We’re proud to work together, and encourage each other enable resilience for our customers, our environment, our economies and our communities. With more than more than 11,000 people working across 27 countries, we’re big enough to make a real impact, but small enough to provide a friendly workplace, where people are down-to-earth, passionate and kind.
We believe this is our moment – what if it was yours too?
We offer a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstances. As a QBE employee you will have access to and benefit from:
- ‘Hybrid Working’ – a mix of working from home and in the office to enhance your work/life balance
- Our ‘Thriving at our Best’ wellbeing program, including free holistic wellbeing coaching, nutritional, confidential counselling, financial and legal advice
- 12 weeks’ gender-equal flexible leave for all new parents, including paid super
- The ability to maximise retirement savings through voluntary super contributions and company matching
- Income protection insurance & reimbursed Death and Total Permanent Disability insurance premiums
- Additional leave and support through QBE’s Family Domestic Violence First Responder Network
- Discounts on insurance products, car hire, hotels, goods and services including benefits through our various sports and arts sponsorship partners
Rewards & Recognition
We value our employee’s experience with us and are proud to have been recognised for the following awards:
- 2021 LinkedIn Top Employer & HRD Employer of Choice
- 2020 Best Workplace Diversity & Inclusion and Excellence Award for Best Health & Wellbeing at the Australian HR Awards
- Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) Platinum Employer since 2022 - the definitive national LGBTIQ+ benchmark for workplace inclusion recognising employers achieving Gold status for 4 or more years
- Ranked 6th place in the AAGE Top Graduate Employers 2021 as voted by graduates
- Top 20 Workplaces for Dads in 2019 and 2020 (HBF Direct Advice for Dads)
- Family First accredited employer since 2021
Click APPLY to submit your application. Successful applicants will need to complete work rights, police and credit checks through our online provider as a condition of employment.
QBE recognise the value of diverse perspectives and experience. We are committed to an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected for who they are. If we can provide support with access requirements, alternative work arrangements or you would like to connect with one of our networks please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Close Date: 26/09/2023 11:59 PM
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click Apply and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.