Job Reference #
Do you have a passion for data and unlocking insights with analytics and machine learning? Are you excited about building cloud-based solutions and novel data architecture concepts such as the Data Mesh?
We are looking for a Data Engineer to:
- embrace the entire spectrum of an end-to-end project, with a wide a variety of tasks and responsibilities including business analysis, BI development, data warehousing, cloud data engineering and the use of analytics/ML processes.
- help diverse business units around UBS make the best use of their data by contributing to the firm-wide analytics marketplace and using the cloud-based analytics workbench
We are a growing team working at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence and Data & Analytics initiatives at UBS. As the Group Artificial Intelligence, Data & Analytics Centre of Expertise, we closely interact with our business professionals and data scientist teams across the bank. At the end of the day, we want to enable them to build, leverage and scale innovative data and AI solutions to unlock the hidden value and insights in our data. We are constantly expanding our technical expertise into new areas, thus advancing and expanding the UBS AI, Data & Analytics ecosystem. Our team has recently been founded and you will have the unique opportunity to further shape and establish our footprint in the organization. Together, we create a culture defined by curiosity, responsibility and engagement, where our talented people are empowered and inspired to drive extraordinary innovation at speed.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
- ideally 3-5 years of experience working with databases, data extraction, data engineering, data mining, data visualization
- demonstrated operational understanding of modern data platforms and technologies: SQL, building data warehouses, Big Data processing, distributed computing, streaming data, and modelling concepts
- experience with CI/CD in data intensive workloads and environments (DevOps and DataOps)
- strong development skills using languages such as C#, Scala or Python
- deep knowledge of Cloud platform components, and creating data pipelines preferably using Azure
- experience with source code management systems
It would be a plus if you have:
- knowledge of Explainable AI concepts
- experience working with Microsoft Azure cloud stack, especially AI and Data related services within Azure (e.g. Azure ML, Azure Cognitive Services, Azure Data Factory, Databricks, Azure Data Lake Services, etc.)
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How We Hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.