If you are passionate about data, architecture, software development, and analytics with first-hand experience with on-premise and cloud data warehousing, data integration, and API development using modern methods, collaboration, and creativity we are interested in talking to you.
Ally is seeking a Data Engineer / ETL Developer to join our agile team in developing our next generation data platform. Our data platform will include a modern customer data platform, cloud data lake and cloud data warehousing. The ideal candidate will have experience developing data lakes, data warehousing, data ingestion from traditional data sources and APIs, deduplicating customer data, and a commitment to data security.
- Design, build and maintain Big Data workflows/pipelines to process billions of records in large-scale data environments with experience in end-to-end design and build process of Near-Real Time and Batch Data Pipelines.
- Leads code review sessions to validate adherence with development standards and benchmark application performance by capacity testing.
- Experience with software testing frameworks.
- Leverages DevOps techniques and Experience with DevOps tools - GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, Crucible for Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and build automation.
- Develop, implement and optimize streaming, data lake, and big data analytics solutions.
- Support reusable framework and data governance processes by partnering with LOBs for any code/requirements remediation.
- Engage in application design and data modeling discussions also participate in developing and enforcing data security policies.
- 5+ years of data engineering and development experience
- Knowledge of NoSQL, RDBMS, SQL, JSON, XML and ETL skills are a must
- Understanding of data transformations, cleansing, and deduplications
- 2+ Years of experience using Snowflake or Redshift
- Experience implementing data models like Kimball, Inmon, and Data Vault 2.0
- Advanced knowledge of SQL (PSQL or TSQL)
- Experience developing pipelines for both Cloud and Hybrid Cloud infrastructures
- Experience in AWS utilizing services such as S3, AWS CLI, and RDS
- Experience using modern ETL tools like SSIS, Datastage, Talend and Nifi
- Experience using languages like Python or Java in support of data engineering
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment
- Ability to work independently and drive solutions end to end leveraging various technologies to solve data problems and develop solutions
- Perform unit tests and conduct reviews with other team members to ensure code is designed with high code coverage
- Passionate for continuous learning, experimenting, applying and contributing towards cutting edge open source technologies and software paradigms
- Ability to research and assess open source technologies and components to recommend and integrate into the design and implementation
- Proven track record of customer satisfaction and delivery success and ability to establish and maintain appropriate relationships with business and IT stakeholders
- Ability to work in an advisory capacity to identify key technical business problems, develop and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations
- Extensive experience in all aspects of the software development life cycle
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Ally’s Information Technology (IT) organization is focused on supporting and improving the position of our industry-leading business franchises through cost effective, innovative IT solutions, as well as overseeing critical functions that enable the day-to-day operations of the entire Ally Financial enterprise. IT is also responsible for the administration and execution of information protection, disaster recovery and IT risk management.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. But Ally's total compensation - or total rewards - extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including:
- Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: benefits to help you plan for the near and long term including an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement and other financial well-being programs.
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being program that helps you and family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy and fertility support as well as benefits that help you take care of your family - parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day care program and child-care discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.