Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Austin, TX, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Engineering, Physics, Economics, or a related quantitative field.
- 5 years of work experience with analysis applications (extracting insights, performing statistical analysis, or solving business problems), and coding (Python, R, SQL) (or 2 years of work experience with a Master's degree).
About The Job
- Master's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Engineering, Physics, Economics, or a related quantitative field.
- 5 years of work experience with analysis applications (extracting insights, performing statistical analysis, or solving business problems), and coding (Python, R, SQL).
Help serve Google's worldwide user base of more than a billion people. Product Analysts provide quantitative support, market understanding and a strategic perspective to our partners throughout the organization. As a data-loving member of the team, you serve as an analytics expert for your partners, using numbers to help them make better decisions. You will weave stories with meaningful insight from data. You'll make critical recommendations for your fellow Googlers in Engineering and Product Management. You relish tallying up the numbers one minute and communicating your findings to a team leader the next.
Google is an engineering company at heart. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on users around the world. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, social to local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $118,000-$172,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google .Responsibilities
- Perform analysis by utilizing relevant tools (e.g., SQL, R, Python). Using comprehensive technical knowledge, use custom data infrastructure or existing data models.
- Own the process of gathering, extracting, and compiling data across sources via relevant tools (e.g., SQL, R, Python). Format, re-structure, and validate data to ensure quality.
- Report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to support business reviews with cross-functional/organizational leadership team. Translate analysis results to business insights or product improvement opportunities.
- Provide analytical insights and recommendations to influence product feature development decisions, and with some guidance.
- Build and prototype analysis and business cases iteratively to provide insights at scale. Develop comprehensive knowledge of Google data structures and metrics.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .