The Data Scientist is responsible for collecting data and developing insights related to innovative new business initiatives focused on the digital enablement of industrial, and Manufacturing markets. Responsibilities of the Data Scientist include, but not limited to:
- Develop analytic capabilities (e.g. models and processes) that drive better outcomes for both customers and the company
- Drive the collection, cleansing, processing and analysis of new and existing data sources.
- Build, test, and deploy predictive models and/or machine learning algorithms on large static and/or streaming data sets
- Report findings by creating useful and appropriate data outputs and visualizations tailored for the intended audiences
- Learn & stay current on Machine learning and Internet of Things developments, news, opportunities, and challenges
- Generate innovative ideas, establish new research directions, shape and execute the information strategy in support of technical projects and new product developments
- Work with and support other team members, management, and partners
- Chatbot development using Bot Framework
- University degree in a relevant field such as Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Machine Learning or Data Science
- Mandatory experience in industrial/Manufacturing related projects.
- 5+ years experience in related data science, analytics, and model building roles or 10+ years experience in directly related roles
- Strong practical knowledge of analytical techniques and methodologies such as machine learning/supervised and unsupervised techniques, segmentation, mix and time series modelling, response modelling, lift modelling, experimental design, neural networks, data mining and optimization techniques
- Expert knowledge of analysis tools such as R, Python, MATLAB, Spark or SAS.
- Strong in NLP/NLU
- Strong background in applying statistical machine learning techniques to predictive modelling and experience with Machine Learning libraries (via R, H2O, Python, Spark, etc.)
- Proficiency in consuming REST based API (with JSON payload) is a plus.
- Familiarity with Cloud based HaaS/PaaS solutions such as AWS EMR, MS Azure.
- A strong understanding of data profiling and data cleansing techniques
- Natural curiosity and a strong passion for empirical research and problem solving
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; comfortable communicating with senior levels of both business and technology leadership
- Can Do, Customer Centric Attitude.
- Tolerant of Ambiguity and Changing Environment.
Self-starter and comfortable working in an early-stage environment.