The Digital Ops Factory (DOF) Data Engineer is a skilled data/software engineer with experience creating data products supporting analytics solutions. They are an agile learner with strong problem-solving skills able to design, develop, optimize and maintain data architecture and pipelines that adhere to ETL principles and business goals. Must have expertise in SQL and data analysis with at least one programing language (Python preferred). Must be able to develop and maintain data warehouses in big data solutions and have database dev experience using Hadoop or BigQuery and be familiar with a variety of relational, NoSQL and cloud database technologies.
- Solution Delivery: Lead and support solution lifecycle technical activities. Ensure solutions are designed for great user experience and operational performance. Lead design, ensuring Enterprise Architecture, Security, Operations and Compliance aspects are continuously integrated into solutions. Provide input to cost and schedule estimation. Responsible for overall integrity of system design and operation. Oversee vendor activities.
- Relationship Management: Conduct peer reviews and approve system changes and technical solution design. Coach and mentor less experience team members. Partner cross-organizationally to drive minimal costs on optimal solutions. Provide in-depth technical information to stakeholders as needed.
- Strategy & Planning: Innovate through usage of industry emerging capabilities and evolving customer needs. Provide input to strategic roadmap and technical dependencies.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Continuously stay current on, and apply, technical industry knowledge pertaining to the respective domain
- Operations: Review solution performance, and continually assess health of systems. Track and drive awareness to operational and technical debt risks. Provide escalated support to incident and problem management. Utilize analytics to improve availability, reliability, efficiency and capacity. Oversee vendor activities.
- Ten years of related functional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Science, Business or related field, or 4 years of experience equivalent to the position.
- Excellent communication skills, effective with varying organizational levels and skill set, and able to translate between technical and non-technical concepts.
- Excellent Relationship Management and collaboration skills, with a track record of working as one team cross-organizationally to drive innovation and business results
- Expertise managing the lifecycle of technical solutions
- Deep Subject Matter Expertise within the respective system domain products, platforms, processes and architecture.
- Broad and deep knowledge of technology architecture, infrastructure, network, security and software principles and models
- Experience working in partnership with internal and external vendors.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Extensive knowledge of future technology trends within area of expertise.
- Demonstrated leadership on technical aspects of large-scale projects.
- Experience coaching other developers in system deployment or operational troubleshooting.
- Experience with delivery methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum) and operational models (ITIL)
- Experience and understanding of core IT Service Management functions, such as Change Management and Incident Management
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis; TX - Amarillo; WI - Eau Claire || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 56200:IT-Digital Ops Factory || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $94,500 to $134,166 per year
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 35242
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com