Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
This role will assist in development of data platforms, business solutions, and proof of concept to assist the information Management team in realizing business goals.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate high degree of analytic agility to meet fluid and dynamic business needs
- Use data engineering techniques to design and build solutions/ products for analyzing large data sets and identify patterns and relationships
- Create, deploy and optimize large scale data
- Assist in rapid development of new data and analytics prototypes
- Explore data sources to better understand the availability and quality of data.
- Document available data sources and how they are being transformed.
- Embrace an environment that supports innovation and process improvement
- Manage data sources, organize data and create data assets using identified open source or proprietary tools
- Work closely with SMEs, functional experts in Commercial, R&D, finance, etc. for building data pipeline from structure and unstructured data sources
- Work on newest tools and technologies to achieve results – AWS and/or Azure Cloud, Informatics, data factory, Redshift, Azure Synapse, PowerBI
- Part of the centralized team responsible for building and managing advanced analytics products/ solutions in Abbott
- Works under direction of managers, manages activities according to milestones and completes tasks assigned by more experienced analysts and managers
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following – Math, Physics, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Quantitative Sciences
- 0-2 years of experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability and desire to learn new languages and technologies
- Attention to detail and organization/ documentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and triage deadline-driven tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume data from varying sources
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, actionable manner
- Experience in any from AWS, Python, R, , hive, HBase, DB, Kafka, YARN etc. will be a plus