Job Title: Data Scientist
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Details of the role and team
This role offers the successful candidate the promise whereby you will be playing a key role in a new, dynamic, agile and collaborative team that are reshaping the Deutsche Bank organisation from front to back, making huge impact through Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and Automation.
This is a full-stack role where you will be expected to be a combination of a data scientist, business analyst, solution architect, software engineer and technical specialist. The successful candidate will help us to analyse large quantities of raw data and turn it into meaningful information which we can use to streamline and improve processes across our entire organisation.
What we’ll offer you
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That’s why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre.
You can expect:
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide ranging CSR programme + 2 days’ volunteering leave per year
Your key responsibilities
- Creating, deploying, and supporting Python based microservices and APIs (Application Programming Interface) using OpenShift
- Creating, deploying, and supporting React based web applications
- Analysing large data sets from various sources of structured and unstructured data to identify trends and patterns to help the firm optimize is operations
- Creating, deploying, and supporting interactive dashboards that combine visuals with real-time data
- Building scalable machine learning pipelines and using feature engineering and optimisation methods to improve data set performance
Your skills and experience
- Strong engineering experience in developing microservices and APIs using Python and OpenShift
- Deep understanding of the latest AI frameworks and algorithms and experience in the creation and deployment of AI and Machine Learning models
- Experience in the creation and implementation of ETL (Extract, transform, load) pipelines that pull, transform and analyze data from various sources
- Awareness of, and maintaining your knowledge of the latest Cross-industry standard processes for data mining
- Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent qualification/work experience
How we’ll support you
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
About us and our teams
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.