Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto; Ottawa; Vancouver
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
Are you passionate about solving complex analytical problems, learning about the latest in cutting-edge AI and continuing to develop your analytical and business development skills? If you answered yes, then we have an opportunity waiting for you!
What will your typical day look like?
As a Data Scientist, you would take a hands-on role in delivering advisory services to high growth organizations with a diverse team consisting of data scientists, data architects, software developers, information designers, and business/industry leaders. You will responsible for performing statistical modelling, computations, and data ETL to deliver best-of-breed analytical solutions for clients’ business problems. You will work with large amounts of data on a granular level, from structured and unstructured data sources and participate in various structured and ad-hoc analysis projects. You will also perform data analysis and communicate insights on client projects, and provide support in planning, data collection, and assist in pitches and proposal bids.
Deloitte Omnia, Deloitte's Artificial Intelligence practice is comprised of specialized experts with hands-on experience, and cutting-edge information assets that facilitate successful Artificial Intelligence (AI) transformations. We develop AI-enabled solutions to address all aspects of a client’s transformative journey with disciplined focus on business outcomes.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- Data analysis experience using (one or more): Python, Could ML (AWS, GCP, Azure), or similar tools
- 1+ years (Consultant) or 3+ years (Senior Consultant) relevant work experience with applying analytics or working with data in any industry
- Strong experience with statistical analytical techniques, data mining, and predictive models is required
- Database and programming languages experience and data manipulation and integration skills using (one or more) SQL, Oracle, Hadoop, NoSQL Databases, or similar tools is required
- Experience with social media analytics and/or natural language processing and/or optimization is an asset Knowledge using either AWS, Azure or GCP
- Strong experience with Machine Learning Project management experience is an asset
- Ability to work with data with significant ambiguity, develop creative approaches to analytical problems, and interpret data and results from a business/industry perspective
- Enthusiastic about solving complex problems with a variety of analytical tools
- Professional services, consulting, or advisory experience is an asset
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Interest in continuing to develop analytical and business development skills
- BA/BSc degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or related field is required.
- Advanced degree (MA/MSc, equivalent or higher) is preferred.
Join Deloitte and bring back that loving feeling, and love the company you keep. This position may require frequent travel to serve clients across North America. Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignment.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 52 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.