DLH delivers improved health and national security readiness solutions for federal programs through science research and development, systems engineering and integration, and digital transformation. Our experts in public health, performance evaluation, and health operations solve the complex problems faced by civilian and military customers alike by leveraging advanced tools – including digital transformation, artificial intelligence, data analytics, cloud enablement, modeling, and simulation, and more. With over 3,200 employees dedicated to the idea that “Your Mission is Our Passion,” DLH brings a unique combination of government sector experience, proven methodology, and unwavering commitment to innovation to improve the lives of millions.Overview
DLH Corp Company, is looking for a Public Health Data Analyst
, using SAS
, to join our talented and innovative team supporting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
in Atlanta, GA.
CDC’s National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention (NCHHSTP), the Division of HIV Prevention (DHP) is charged with preventing HIV infection and reducing the incidence of HIV-related illness and death. The overarching objectives of the contract held by DLH are to assist DHP in addressing its public health mission by providing data management, data governance, data analysis, and data dissemination support to strengthen the nationwide capacity to monitor the HIV epidemic. As such, DLH is seeking a Public Health Data Analyst
with the following skills:Responsibilities
- Support dissemination and reporting of data to internal and external partners.
- Review data error logs to ensure that requested data modifications are done according to the protocol.
- Review the data files to document problems and proposed corrections needed to be made to finalize the data set.
- Generate data quality reports with the SAS program and any proposed corrections needed to finalize the data.
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations for data-related management processes and best practice.
- Merge data from different sources using SAS.
- Develop and maintain SAS programs to perform data cleaning, quality control, and final dataset production.
- Contribute to the development of analytical plans, technical reports, and public data dissemination.
- Provide project status updates to team members.
- MarketScan Research Data
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Data
- IQVIA Clinical Analytics Suite
- Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance Systems (BRFSS)
- Strong SAS experience.
- Clear communication (written and verbal).
- Proficient SAS coding experience (SAS MACROS, PROC SQL, FORMATS, ARRAY, etc.).
- Experienced data manager and statistical analyst.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, statistics, or related field.
- 2 years of experience working with SAS.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple data sources to monitor and assess data to ensure data quality, including accuracy and completeness.
- Master’s degree in public health, statistics, or related field.
- Knowledge of HIV research data.
- Experience managing and merging large complex datasets (>500,000 records),
- Detail oriented and able to develop data documentation including codebook and data dictionaries, with a commitment to generating accurate data and products.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
The salary offered within this range will be based on the selected candidates skills, experience, education, market data, and internal parity. DLH may offer other rewards that may include performance incentives and program-specific awards. An applicant’s salary history will not be used to determine compensation.Benefits
DLH Corp offers our employees an excellent benefits package including - Personal Time Off (PTO), medical, dental, vision, supplemental life with AD&D, short and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, parental leave, legal services and more. We want our employees to save for their future, therefore we offer a 401(k) Retirement Plan, which includes a matching component. DLH is dedicated to your career development, providing training to help drive success, with access to our best-in-class e-Learning suite for formal and informal learning, professional and technical certification preparation, and education assistance at accredited institutions. EEO
DLH Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.