Data Scientist (Senior)
- Kraków (Cracow), Poland
- Yearly Base Salary: up to 200,000 z (Euros 44,100)
- Full-time, permanent
- Department: Data Science
An international company helping General Insurance clients to manage their risk is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join their Data Analytics team in Poland office (Cracow). You will be supporting the development of insurance risk models and will play a key role in the evolution of a model from inception to production. Main Responsibilities
- Support Insurance unit to build analytics products for underwriting and pricing
- Under minimal supervision, execute data analysis and exploratory analysis (project design, processing of and cleaning of data, merging/joining disparate data sources, feature engineering, performing analyses and communicating results).
- Utilise statistical techniques and best practices to efficiently create model-ready datasets
- Produce predictive models using a variety of algorithms (GLM, GBM, Random Forest, Neural Networks etc.) and assess the relative strength of each model
- Document processes, code, implement version control, and create functions/template code
- Create reports and verbally present analysis ideas, progress and results to colleagues.
- Support a high-performance collaborative culture. Participate in peer-review with colleagues on an ongoing basis to learn, teach, and ultimately, produce high quality results.
- Develop understand of insurance dataset structure and insurance business
- Remain current on big data techniques and become familiar with state of the art tools
- Contribute to the creation of detailed project plans to ensure projects are completed on time.
- Relevant University degree
- Proven experience (3+) in analytics related role
- Solid programming experience with Python and SQL
- Experience building predictive models
- Excellent understanding and experience with data manipulation, data validation, report generation, and visualisation capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Ability to work independently with proficiency
- Eligible to work in the European Union as the role is based in Krakow, Poland.