Work. Serve. Thrive.
Imagine a place where your talent can make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives. Working at Feeding America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results.
We are a national, nonprofit organization and the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief charity. Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, our mission is to feed America's hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger.The Opportunity
Work directly with key Supply Chain donors and to identify donation opportunities through multi-layered program evaluation. Provide robust program analytics to assist members and FANO donor reps with identifying disconnections, additional growth opportunities, and capacity building programs.Responsibilities:
- Supports the continued growth of key Supply Chain donor partners through program analytics, report generation and trend analysis. Identifies and provides solutions for donor and food bank program disconnects.
- Works directly with key donors to troubleshoot service level issues and provide daily support to food banks.
- Develops and manages communications on program performance to key donors on monthly basis (including store / warehouse level program reporting, key exceptions, areas for intervention, customized reports, etc.).
- Supports the continued development and refinement of Supply Chain program strategy through data management and analysis. Strategy to focus on: a) identifying areas of program underperformance, b) identifying major opportunities for new growth, and c) creating insight as to how to capture incremental value from both scenarios.
- Generates quarterly updates for senior level audiences (both internal and external) on performance of programs.
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure data reporting is standardized across the network; recommends and implements improvements in reporting/tracking process or tools.
- Produce routine and ad-hoc reports for various stakeholders.
- Summarizes pound/metrics performance data to help drive action.
- Collaborate with others to identify key metrics and assists with annual target setting.
- Support team in strategic analysis, especially as it relates to data queries and synthesis of information to form conclusions and drive action.
- Create ad-hoc quantitative summaries and tableau designs for all stakeholders across the network.
- Drive change with thought leadership around information flow, systems and related process improvements.
- Lead process mapping sessions and develop process documentation and SOPs as needed.
- Support technology organizational vision to optimize data analysis and reporting capabilities.
- BA/BS in statistics and/or research or relevant experience
- 3+ years in developing quantitative models with large data sets, preferable in a research-based environment
- 3+ years’ experience working with databases and manipulation of data
- Committed to organizational mission of ending hunger.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Committed to a workplace that values different backgrounds and life experiences and allows everyone to bring their authentic self to work. Builds equity into structures, systems and processes for our employees and the communities we serve.
Required Leadership Competencies
- Communicates Effectively – Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with clarity and precision with internal and external constituents.
- Understands Our Business – Ability to translate supply chain process’s and practices to a non-profit, networked model.
- Collaborates Internally and Externally – Ability to identify internal FANO stakeholders, network stakeholders, and donor stakeholders and manages differing expectations with tact.
- Operates with Integrity – Seeks to understand what is in the best interest of the people we serve, and drives work accordingly.
Required Technical Competencies and Experience
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Strong acumen in MS Office applications, particularly Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Tableau.
Feeding America embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.