CoStar Group (NASDAQ: CSGP) is a leading global provider of commercial and residential real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Included in the S&P 500 Index and the NASDAQ 100, CoStar Group is on a mission to digitize the world’s real estate, empowering all people to discover properties, insights and connections that improve their businesses and lives.
We have been living and breathing the world of real estate information and online marketplaces for over 35 years, giving us the perspective to create truly unique and valuable offerings to our customers. We’ve continually refined, transformed, and perfected our approach to our business, creating a language that has become standard in our industry, for our customers, and even our competitors. We continue that effort today and are always working to improve and drive innovation. This is how we deliver for our customers, our employees, and investors. By equipping the brightest minds with the best resources available, we provide an invaluable edge in real estate.
The Product Data Services team is seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join us in building the Enterprise applications that power all of CoStar's products. Come be an integral part of brands across the organization such as Apartments.com, Homes.com, CoStar and more to solve problems of scale, consistency, and performance. Working primarily on Amazon Web Services components you can have a tangible impact on thousands of end users that use our products.
This position is located in La Jolla and offers 2 days remote per week.Responsibilities
- Know: Deeply understand what drives the business for which you are building software. We firmly believe that what separates a good developer from a great one is a deep understanding of the business that they are supporting.
- Architect: Use your experience to drive the design of highly performant and highly available data solutions.
- Build: Build solutions that operate on massive amounts of data in high transaction volume applications.
- Test: Work with your QA resources to ensure that the software you deliver is of the highest quality. (Our customers are not beta testers.)
- Launch: Act as a key member of the product launch team and work closely to DevOps to resolve operational issues.
- Grow: Take an active role in mentoring other developers.
Preferred Qualifications And Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited, not-for-profit university or college.
- A track record of commitment to prior employers.
- A demonstrable track record of building and launching successful products that leverage terabytes of data
- 5+ years of SQL Server engineering experience
- 3+ years in ETL/data pipeline (SSIS) engineering experience
- Ability to analyze technical requirements and design new architectures, data models, and ETL strategies
- Expertise in database design, complex T-SQL programming, performance tuning, and index analysis
- Deliver work products that meet specifications, are free of defects, and have optimal performance
- Define Database Architecture and Development best practices
What’s In It For You
- Facilitate discussions among database developers to exchange ideas and introduce new database technologies. Ability to build consensus among other technologists
- Evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends, and best practices that can be leveraged to strengthen CoStar’s technology platform and development practices.
- Experience with AWS SQL and NoSQL databases is a plus
- Experience with integration products like Glue, Lambda, AWS Data Pipeline, and/or Database migration services is a plus
When you join CoStar Group, you’ll experience a collaborative and innovative culture working alongside the best and brightest to empower our people and customers to succeed.
We offer you generous compensation and performance-based incentives. CoStar Group also invests in your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.Our Benefits Package Includes (but Is Not Limited To)
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Virtual and in person mental health counseling services for individuals and family
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes
- Access to CoStar Group’s Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Employee Resource Groups
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar Group is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
This position offers a base salary range of $111,000 – $199,000, based on relevant skills and experience and includes a generous benefits plan.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing