Why we need you
As our new (Junior) Data Scientist, you will join our passionate data and analytics team and work on new and exciting data science applications for our smart fridges, and improving the experience of our clients and customers. In this role, you will get to live one of our company values to the core: 'Navigate by Data' to analyze trends and patterns, and develop models to help our operational and commercial teams make more data-driven and efficient decisions.
What your mission will be
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering, product development and business teams
What you need to shine
- You have very good knowledge of working with relational databases, experience with non relational databases is a plus
- You have experience with the application and implementation of statistical and machine learning models, knowledge of Azure Machine Learning Stack is a plus
- You have proficiency in working with Python and common libraries for data analysis and visualization
- You have some experience working with github and working with in agile sprints
- You have experience using business intelligence tools like Tableau and/or PowerBI
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is a plus, but not required
- You have excellent analytical skills, and the ability to understand both the business and technical aspects of a project
- You have good communication and presentation skills
- You are curious and enthusiastic about learning and trying out new projects and challenges
- You are fluent in English, German is a plus but not required
Who we are
HelloFreshGO was founded in 2017 in the vibrant HelloFresh tech hub Berlin, and since 2018, we are flying on our own - independent from our big sister HelloFresh. Our vision is to provide employees with delicious food at every workplace. Always. Our smart fridge and catering boxes for B2B clients are full of delicious, healthy and fresh meals, snacks and drinks for fair prices. We are in an exciting early-stage development phase - the best time to become part of our team and make an impact. Grow beyond yourself and leave your footprints in HelloFreshGO history!
What you will love about us
- A dynamic and fast-paced environment where you have an impact from day one
- The opportunity to grow and develop your professional strengths
- A chance to step into the exciting food-tech sector - and of course easy access to our fridge with weekly discounts as well as regular free food tastings
- International, passionate and amazing colleagues to welcome you
- Regular team events - we work hard but also want to have fun and spread happiness – for our customers and our colleagues likewise!
- 2 free meals per week (discount on our fridge) and fresh fruit every week
- Choice of hardware - Mac or Windows laptop, so you can do your best work
- Learning and Development budget
- Flexible working hours
- A nice view of Moabit from our terrace, including a BBQ
- Competitive compensation
Are you ready for a new challenge?
Submit your application below including your earliest starting date and salary expectations!
HelloFreshGO is an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking forward to getting to know you!