At Decathlon, 100,000 of us live our common purpose on a daily basis: “to sustainably make the pleasure and benefits of sport accessible to the many.''
In every country where we are present, we share a strong and unique company culture, reinforced by our love for all sports!
At Decathlon, we place innovation at the heart of our activities: from research to retail, including design, production and logistics. Our Passion Brand teams channel all their energy in to developing technical, good-looking and simple products, always at the lowest possible prices.
Do you have what it takes to become a Decathlete?
Decathlon, Europe's leading sport’s retailer is recruiting passionate sports people. We believe people are at the heart of our business, we believe innovation is endless and we believe that freedom to decide and act is vital in building a strong workforce. Game changers and sport lovers, our doors are wide open for you!As a Junior Data Analyst at Decathlon UK, you will be integral in supporting data-driven decision-making processes by providing accurate and insightful analysis. Your role will involve assisting in the collection, organization, and analysis of data to uncover valuable insights that drive business growth.
This position offers a fantastic opportunity for someone with a passion for data analysis to develop their skills in a collaborative and supportive environment.
What do you need to succeed?
- Addressing business issues through data analysis:
- Understand business needs thoroughly.
- Propose innovative solutions and challenge initial assumptions.
- Guide businesses towards existing opportunities and resources.
- Data selection and extraction:
- Identify and extract relevant data from diverse sources.
- Ensure data compliance with regulations and maintain integrity.
- Data visualisation and analysis:
- Utilize visualization tools for clear presentation of results.
- Conduct analyses to support decision-making and automate processes.
- Information organization and translation:
- Organize and simplify information for accessibility.
- Document analysis results for transparent decision-making.
Who Are You
- Fluent in SQL, Python, DBT, Web Analytics (GA), Google Sheets, Tableau and Looker Studio.
- Familiarity with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence concepts.
- Proficient in probability and statistics, including sampling methodologies, statistical biases, A/B testing, and experimental design.
Specific Requirements/work Environment
- Excellent communication skills.
- Driven and ambitious individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Enjoy working in an agile and collaborative environment (GIT, Development Standards, Code Review, Pair programming).
- Committed and passionate about serving the user
- A rigorous and systematic approach to work.
- Ability to clearly explain and adapt to make job tasks and results accessible to all employees.
- This is a hybrid role and would require the successful candidate to attend at least 3 days a week in our LDN office (Surrey Quays)