As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Identify a use case and break that use case down into discrete MVPs (minimal viable product)
- Create Machine Learning pipelines and train & validate models
- Deploy models into applications or workflows
- Monitor & retrain models, visualize the output of their data story in a way that is consumable by all
- Communicate effectively with line-of-business end-users to discover pain points and use cases, lead project definitions, and convey the business value of the project
- Guide and mentor junior team members and clients to become self-sufficient data science practitioners
- Lead and define client projects, including technical leadership of small teams of 2-5 team members.
- Participate actively in business development activities, such as public speaking engagements, participating in client events, and networking across IBM globally.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Degree (Master’s or PhD preferred) in data science, machine learning, or related field
- Prior experience as a practicing Data Scientist
- Computer Science, Programming skills
- Probability and Statistics
- Data Modeling and Evaluation
- Big Data and Machine Learning
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Programming skills in at least two of the following: Python, R, Scala or Java. preference for Python Expert
- Ability to consume and deploy data via APIs
- Experience in applying supervised, unsupervised and semi-supervised learning techniques
- Experience in Machine Learning pipeline - data ingestion, feature engineering, modeling including ensemble methods, predicting, explaining, deploying and diagnosing over fitting
- Experience in model selection and sampling
- Experience in deep learning and neural nets
- Experience in Business and Leadership
About Business UnitIBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.