Posted: Jun 3, 2020
The IMG-Audio Algorithms team is looking for a highly motivated and hardworking research and development engineer to work on audio signal processing and machine learning algorithms. The Interactive Media Group (IMG) is at the center of Apple’s innovative products, including the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, macOS, iOS, watchOS and tvOS. IMG’s Core Audio team provides audio foundation for various high profile features like Siri, phone calls, Face Time, media capture, playback, and API’s for third party developers to enrich our platforms. The team is looking for engineers who are passionate about building audio software products for millions of customers and care about overall user experience. You will be revolutionizing audio by combining traditional DSP with machine learning, and contributing to future audio technologies.Key Qualifications
- Proven ability in signal processing and machine learning algorithm development.
- Expertise in audio signal analysis, transforms, adaptive algorithms and feature extraction.
- Theoretical understanding of machine learning algorithms, practical knowledge of neural network architecture design and training/testing methodologies.
- Hands on experience designing and implementing machine learning workflows.
- Excellent software programming (C, C++, and scripting languages such as Python) and
- Experience with machine learning tools (TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch).
DescriptionAs part of the team, you will research and invent novel algorithms combining DSP and machine learning techniques to tackle long-standing problems in areas such as sound synthesis, signal restoration, source separation, speech enhancement. You well also implement and optimize such algorithms to build cutting-edge software technologies with next-generation hardware, enabling the next generation of Apple products,- Research and invent novel algorithms combining DSP and machine learning techniques.- Explore solutions to long-standing problems in areas such as sound synthesis, signal restoration, source separation, speech enhancement- Participate in cross-functional teams prototyping new user experiences- Implement, test and optimize your algorithms to run in various software and hardware platforms.You will be contributing to the creation of cutting-edge software technologies with next-generation hardware, enabling the next generation of Apple products,Education & ExperienceMS, PhD in CS or EE, Proven Industry experienceAdditional Requirements