With OWWN we want to enable the Gen Z to make excellent financial decisions in seconds and become the most preferred financial company in Europe. To achieve this, we have currently raised more than 5 million in seed funding from EQT Ventures, 468 Capital as well as top-tier business angels. 💸
In order to make this vision a reality and continue to support our customers through their next financial challenges, we expanding our team in the upcoming months and are currently looking for a data all-rounder to join us as Data Engineer / Analyst. 💪
As OWWN's very first Data Engineer / Analyst:
- Your mission will be to set up the basic data (infra)structures, pipelines, tools, and dashboards we need to generate the product and business insights we need to reach our ambitious goals.
- In your first 6 months, you will make suggestions to improve to our data setup (e.g., researching and integrating new tools), make sure our foundation is built with a scalable and 100% reliable data infrastructure (data quality processes and controls), and provide strategic direction for data at OWWN.
- You'll work mostly with our Product and Growth teams, but will help us facilitate data-driven decision-making across the company.
At this stage our ideal candidate will be a hands-on, service-oriented self-starter who loves to set his or her own goals, get their hands dirty, and solve problems on a daily basis. Sound like you? Read on!
Your responsibilities in our team
Architecture & Tools
- Design and create a scalable data architecture and infrastructure
- Design and monitor underlying data sources to allow quick and efficient data extractions to support insightful analysis
- Establish frameworks and processes to ensure data quality and its integrity
- Develop a solid understanding of how data is mapped and tagged at each stage of our user journey and develop data models to drive optimization across all touchpoints
- Take ownership of our BI tool(s) and the roadmap for self-service tools
- Develop integration processes with different external platforms to extract data efficiently and accurately
Analytics & Insights
- Provide actionable insights regarding financial, product, and marketing data to help achieve company targets
- Develop routine reports and intuitive dashboards that help the teams to make business decisions
- Handle ad-hoc requests from cross-functional teams and senior stakeholders
- Create and maintain standardised KPI definitions, reporting and documentation
Our humble expectations
- 3+ years of experience working in a data-focused role
- Ideally has had experience in a growing startup (ideally B2C app, even better fintech)
- Must be an all-rounder with experience across data architecture, tools, and analytics
- Must be a very entrepreneurial self-starter who isn't afraid to take on responsibility and ownership: can work very independently, identifying and solving problems on their own, setting direction and goals for this area
- Strong trust builder/collaborator and able to influence and lead peers: will be working with a lot of different people and domains
- Experience setting up dashboards, creating analytics, correlation analysis
- Nice to have: experience with Amplitude, Firebase, Braze, Y42
- 🚀 Perfect timing with renowned investors to build something great
- 🧠 Outstanding mentors who will support you in your growth
- 💸 Attractive salary and you even get a stake in the company
- 💪 Access to city-wide sport offerings and language courses
- 📈 Extremely steep learning curve with own responsibility and intensive support
- 📣 Learn to be pragmatic and make quick and sustainable decisions
- ⏱️ Flexible working hours, because we care about your outcome and not output
- 🤙🏽 Very strong team cohesion with daily and weekly activities
Do you want to become part of our first-class team and empower young people to make excellent financial decisions even without prior knowledge? Then you absolutely have to send us your application immediately. 🚀
PS: And if you want to stand out in your application, just let us know in your cover letter what we can improve about our website, the product or even our job offers. 💡
We value equal opportunity. It means we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and we encourage all people equally to apply for jobs with us.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, as we believe diverse teams are more successful in the long term.