This is an opportunity for you to join the world’s largest law firm, a firm that offers opportunities to build your career while growing your skills and deepening your expertise. We are seeking a data analyst who can take data, analyze and understand it, and transform it into insightful products that will help drive strategic business decisions. You'll be serving as an integral part of the development team to support and streamline business processes and analytics utilizing tools such as (but not limited to) reporting packages, databases, and programming.
- Interpret & analyze data to provide ongoing reports, identify patterns in complex data sets, and provide insight in order to drive business efficiencies.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics.
- Develop and implement SQL queries and data integrations.
- Filter, clean, and convert complex data sets to deliver business needs.
- When necessary, research and recommend third party tools to solve a business need or create custom apps.
- Provide training of newly designed applications to clients and Service Desk.
- Provide reasonably accurate task/project time estimates to manager & stakeholders. Provide adjustments to manager & stakeholders as needed.
- Report to manager and/or supervisor on status of current development projects.
Experience & Qualifications
- Strong work experience in development and data analytics.
- Strong technical expertise with data models, database design, and data mining.
- Strong technical expertise in SQL, query languages, and data integration.
- Strong technical expertise in business intelligence tools, preferrable Power BI.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technology.
- Ability to think critically in high pressure situations, design robust solutions that meet the immediate and future needs (including minimal maintenance), and deliver quality solutions in a calm and effective manner and short time frame.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time and shift seamlessly between technologies.
- Effectively interact with other members of the team, IT department, and business leaders.
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience within the Legal industry experience a plus.
- Experience with IntApp Integration Builder a plus
BENEFITS WE OFFER
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Generous allowance of flex and vacation days
- RRSP matching program
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Subsidized fitness program
- Various social events and activities throughout the year
- Flexible work arrangements
- We thank all applicants who apply, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Dentons Canada, inclusion, diversity and equity (ID&E) are not just ancillary values, they are foundational to our business. We believe that ID&E is essential to the shared success of our team and our clients. Our forward-thinking and inclusive culture supports the professional development of all our people, enhances the leading services we offer to our clients, and informs our commitment to make a positive impact in the communities where we live and work. As a testament to our commitment to ID&E, we have been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employer’s for 12 consecutive years (2011-2022), as well as one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2022) for the fifth time.
Dentons Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome your application. All employment decisions, including hiring, will be made without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, creed, disability, ethnic origin, family status, gender assigned at birth, gender identity, marital status, place of origin, race, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights legislation.
We are committed to providing you with an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible workplace to support your success. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, for example as a result of a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.