We are looking for someone inquisitive and keen to make an impact using innovative analytical methods. You will help develop machine learning models focused on customer experience, claims process and fraud detection.
Data and technology take centre stage in delivering our market-leading products, and our Claims Analytics team within our Data Science function builds and deploys machine learning solutions for the household and motor claims departments of our insurance business.
With numerous decisions made in every claim there are excellent opportunities to use machine learning to positively impact a customer’s experience at a difficult time in their life. Now that we have an established experienced function, we are looking for an experienced data scientist to join our Claims Analytics team.Main Duties
- Analysis of structured data using modern statistical and machine learning techniques
- Presenting analytical finding in clear and concise manner to rest of team and wider analytics community
- Creation of meaningful datasets for modelling and evaluation from a vast quantity of data in multiple formats
- Documenting analysis and models in accordance with team and industry standards
- Researching new ideas and staying up to date with the world of Data Science, contributing to the data scientist community within Admiral.
- Supporting team with ad-hoc analysis, implementation and monitoring of solutions as required
You’ll enjoy using data and technology to solve real world, business problems and be looking to develop a career in machine learning. You should be comfortable in a culture where decision making is evidenced-based and reliant on rigorous analysis.Desirable Skills And Experience
Salary, Benefits And Work-Life Balance
- 2+ years’ experience working in Data Science or relevant field
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Experience of developing models using supervised learning techniques such as GLM’s, gradient boosted ensembles, neural networks or deep learning
- Experience using Python or R, preferably within a Cloud environment
- Experience of using SQL to manipulate large and complex data sets
- Experience of using code repositories and other software development tools/processes
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor communication across a range of technical and non-technical audiences
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we’re consistently voted one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK. We want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this, so accommodate flexible hours wherever possible.
All colleagues will receive 33 days holiday (including banks holidays) when they join us, and this will increase with length of service, up to a maximum of 38 days (including bank holidays). You also have the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave in addition to your allocation.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here