NOTICE: ONLINE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
LOCATION: BARCELONA OR REMOTELY FROM SPAIN
Brainly is scaling at the speed of light! Every month we reach 350 million users around the world. Brainly's knowledge base consists of hundreds of millions of Q&A contents in more than 12 languages and covering a broad spectrum of educational subjects at different grades.
As a Principal Data Analyst, you'll play a key role in helping the company grow the number of students that use our social Q&A product to learn and achieve their goals! Reporting to the VP Product Social Q&A, you'll own and lead the Data Strategy, define Metrics framework and methodologies for the entire division, as well as mentoring and coaching Data Analysts and Data Engineers in each Product team.
We use an in-depth understanding of students to build a strategy and validate it with data, experimentation, and analysis. A passionate student focus and an eye for executing the details are vital. We take on many ambitious problems, requiring artificial intelligence and creative user experience design to handle a wide variety of user-generated content.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Define and own our Data strategy for our core product: Social Q&A
- Data Culture: support a robust data-oriented approach to decision making, setting up the right methodologies and improve our AB test capabilities and skills
- Customer orientation: help Product Teams in building a common understanding of who our users are, how they use the product and how we can acquire, engage and retain them.
- Data Governance: ensure coherence and consistency across all product teams: from taxonomy definition to correct instrumentation and tagging
- Lead new Data-related projects, from the introduction of new metric frameworks to analytical tools implementation and instrumentation
- Ensure that analysts of the entire Social Q&A team work in alignment, using the same metric definitions, share findings and best practices.
- As a thought leader for other Data Analysts and Data Engineers, act as a coach and mentor for them.
- Working with the VP Product and other Directors on identifying key opportunities for product growth.
- Be a key player in the division goal setting process, working with other directors in OKRs definition, metrics and measurement of the impact on company goals.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE?
- 8+ years of experience in a digital analytics area with at least 5 years in a similar role, either managing a team of Data Analysts/Data Engineers or acting as individual contributor and coach for a larger team
- Direct experience in consumer digital businesses
- Direct experience in building high level measurement frameworks and defining and executing data strategy for a consumer digital business
- Experience with large-scale experimentation
- Direct experience in a consumer subscription / SaaS tech company
- Highly passionate about data, with and eye for detail, creative problem-solving abilities and growth mindset
- Team-player with excellent collaboration skills and ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to educate, influence and inspire others
- Strong personal ownership and ability to set and meet high professional standards
Skills and systems
- Deep knowledge of AB testing methodology, Product analytics, SaaS metrics
- Deep understanding of digital data collection process and tools such as Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Amplitude or other product/digital analytics tools
- Excellent data visualization and storytelling skills
- Good understanding of statistics, descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics
- Hands-on experience with SQL
- Hands-on experience with a data visualization tool (Tableau, Power BI, Google Data Studio or other)
- Proficiency in using Python/R for statistical analysis or data wrangling
Some of our benefits:
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely
- Personal development budget 800$ per year + unlimited time off policy for participation in conferences and workshops and access to an online learning platform with courses from Udemy, Harvard Manage Mentor and many others
- Full medical insurance (including partner and children)
- Gym & wellness card (including access to gyms, sports classes)
- Access to the Mental Health Helpline - providing virtual support of external psychologists, psychotherapists, and coaches
- Possibility to join one of our Employee Resource Groups and initiatives (Inclusion Council, Ladies at Brainly, Brainly Cares)
- If needed, additional budget for work remote work accessories
By sending us your application, you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. with its seats in Krakow, will process your data contained in the form below and in the documents you attach in to participate in recruitment. In connection with this, you have the right to withdraw your consents, the right to access to your data, the right to obtain their copy, rectify them, erase, limit their usage and also data portability right and object to their use by Brainly, as well as to lodge a complaint with the President of the UODO. If you have any questions regarding the use of information about you and exercising your rights related to this use, please contact our DPO - firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want get to know more about how Brainly uses and process your personal data [click here].