At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
Back to Job Navigation (About)
549098BR Date posted:
Jan. 29, 2021 City:
Lockheed Martin is seeking an experienced professional with 7+ years experience and/or Ph.D. with recent publications in Machine Learning, specifically using Deep Learning architectures such as deep neural networks. In addition, the successful candidate will have experience with using data analytics and applying analytics to better understand how to use deep learning to make decisions. The position will require the candidate to use deep learning and related decision-making analytics and apply it in various applications where processing resources and training data may be limited. Tasks include customer interactions and outreach for new DL business as well as support for MFC internal work, including classified programs.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Orlando is a city in the Central Florida area. This region is a great place to live and to raise a family. Central Florida offers lots of attractive residential housing options.
The Greater Orlando metropolitan area is the sixth largest metro area in the southeastern United States. The climate here is warm and sunny all year long for the most part. Orlando is home to Walt Disney World, Universal Studios Florida, and SeaWorld. Orlando is also home to the second largest University in the US, the University of Central Florida (UCF). Where can you get to from Orlando? Orlando is about an hour's drive from Cocoa Beach and the Space Coast to include NASA and the Kennedy Space Center.
Tampa is about 1.5 hours from Orlando. West Palm Beach is about 2.5 hours to the south and Jacksonville is about 2 hours to the northeast. Atlanta, GA is 6 hours to the northwest.Basic Qualifications:
Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and have the ability to obtain a DoD Interim Secret clearance prior to start.
Candidate must demonstrate the ability to perform some combination of the following Image and Signal Processing assignments:
- Design, develop, train, test, validate, and evaluate Machine Learning/Deep Learning algorithms using tools such as TensorFlow, Keras, scikit-learn, TensorBoard, OpenCV, numpy, scipy, pandas, PIL, etc.
- EO target discrimination algorithms to meet low false alarm rates with high target detection, recognition, and classification capability.
- Perform /analysis of image processing algorithms employing signal enhancement, image registration, and correlation techniques.
- Optimize algorithms to meet memory and throughput capabilities of the processing hardware.
- Work effectively with embedded software engineers to ensure algorithms are appropriately implemented and verified.
- Verify compliance to customer requirements via simulation and analysis of data.
- Demonstrate image and signal processing design skills utilizing C++, Python, and MATLAB.
- Demonstrate experience working with MATLAB, Python, and C++ using collected data and synthetic data.
- Demonstrate strong mathematical skills used in algorithm and simulation development. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Telecommute: The work associated with this position will be performed at the designated Lockheed Martin facility. Situational telecommuting may be considered and authorized at the discretion of your leader and based upon the role.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level:
Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit:
MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROLRelocation Available:
Systems Engineering: Other Type: