The Senior Data Scientist, Data Engineering is responsible for the implementation of technical solutions for the identification of complex patterns in large, high-dimensional/high-frequency data sets. This role requires an enterprise mindset to build out robust, high-performance technology solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities, aligned with Key Results:
- Use a variety of leading-edge AI/ML tools to develop, test, and maintain data pipelines within the Platform Reference Architecture.
- Work directly with management, product teams and practice personnel to understand and execute on their AI/ML requirements
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that encourages productive interactions with customers, co-workers and supervisors
- Develop and engage with colleagues by creating a motivating work environment that recognizes, holds team members accountable, and rewards strong performance
- Foster an innovative, inclusive and diverse team environment, promoting positive team culture, encouraging collaboration and self-organization while delivering high quality solutions
- Collaborate on an Agile team to design, develop, test, implement and support highly scalable AI/ML solutions
- Collaborate with product teams and clients to deliver robust cloud-based AI/ML solutions that drive tax decisions and provide powerful experiences
- Analyze user feedback and activity and iterate to improve the services and user experience
- Function as a subject matter expert by staying current on the latest research, experimenting with new technologies, and sharing that knowledge internally.
- Ensuring strict compliance with all information and data security policies, best practices and requirements.
- Creating and implementing robust cloud-based data solutions that scale effectively, and provide powerful experiences for both internal teams and clients
- Performing unit tests and conducting reviews with other team members to make sure solutions and code are rigorously designed, elegantly coded and effectively tuned for performance
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in a related field
- 7+ years of experience developing applications leveraging cloud-based data services, preferably in AWS or Azure.
- 7+ years of experience developing enterprise machine learning, analytics, or machine learning/data science solutions.
- 7+ years of experience in mixed Windows/Linux environments.
- 7+ years of developing C, Python, Scala or Java solutions.
Additional Required Skills and Experience:
- Results-proven track record of exceeding goals and evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, experience and judgment
- Command of one or more AI/ML domains and associated open source libraries, including natural language processing (NLTK) or image recognition (OpenCV).
- Command of one or more Machine Learning/Deep Learning frameworks, including Keras, PyTorch, Caffe, Scikit-Learn or Tensorflow.
- Knowledge of common optimization algorithms and the approaches to tuning and evaluating such algorithms.
- Fluency in Python.
- Knowledge of one or more database platforms, preferably cloud-based.
- Knowledge of at least one AI/ML pipeline technology or platform.
- Experience deploying, monitoring, and maintaining data pipelines in production environments
- Design models of data processing that implement the intended business model
- Develop diagrams representing key data entities and their relationships
- Generate a list of components needed to build the designed system
- Communicate clearly, simply, and effectively
- Commitment to diversity, accountability, transparency, and ethics.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees at all levels of the Firm and interface with external vendors as necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran