- Communicate clearly and transform abstract data concepts and massive amounts of data into insights and recommendations in plain layman's terms that non-data, non-technical audiences can also understand and action on.
- Ensure close collaboration with cross functional teams and manage relationship across various levels in the organization, working with product, marketing, editorial and operations teams to push the vision and agenda of the data analytics team forward.
- Manage information flow from other business units.
- Develop traffic data for other business units for setting revenue targets.
- Drive training, education and adoption of new data policies and procedures for larger audience.
- Establish, build and maintain strong relationships with external vendors.
- Lead and coordinate regular standing meetings to ensure strong communication, regular updates and new initiatives are in place.
- Sprint planning for own projects and provide guidance and leadership to other members of team.
- Manage analysts’ expectations to minimize scope creep on project & team initiatives.
- Ensure team deliver projects on time.
- Be the thought leader among the team and in the analytics space, and inspire and encourage team through difficult or tenuous tasks.
- Lead a team of analysts and execute individually on a variety of initiatives and responsibilities both internal and external facing.
- Support the development of data analytics strategies with Director, and set and forecast annual and quarterly targets. Realign expectations as needed with changing business circumstances or shifting targets or goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or related disciplines
- At least 5 years relevant experience as senior data analyst or data analyst in a quantitatively heavy role
- Experience in journalism industry would be advantageous.
- Fundamental knowledge of python, SQL, R and fluency in excel and other analytics tools
- Experience managing a team of analysts.
- Excellent communication skills, a natural communicator which is able to lead department heads and communicate effectively to external and internal audience the vision and strategy of the division.
- Data and metrics driven, able to create a culture of accountability by setting the right metrics and tying company performance, compensation and promotions to tangible results.
- Results-oriented yet able to balance short term results and long-term company growth.
- People-oriented and able to influence, change and inspire teams to pursue new directions in a changing media landscape.
- Strong organization skills, problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Strong leadership with minimum supervision needed.
Work location will be at Hong Kong- Causeway Bay office.
Interested parties please send curriculum vitae with full career details, salary history, availability and expected salary to the People Department, 19/F, Tower One, Times Square, 1 Matheson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong or by clicking firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please mark Private & Confidential and quote reference.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at
corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy . You may consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 6 weeks.