We have a new opportunity with a Financial services organisation for a Data Analyst. The Data Analyst will generate, analyse and present information for key operational and business activities in order to deliver insightful analysis and reporting to support Business Managers and Senior Management Team.
Analysis & Reporting:
- Responsible for key client, internal & regulatory reporting and working cross functionally to ensure the highest data integrity at all times.
- Provide robust, reliable business reporting and analysis in a user-friendly format
- Design and establish systems, processes and dashboards for the production and analysis of quality management information to support management decision making
- Ability to take initiative and work proactively with clients and internal stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Validate data and conduct thorough data analysis to identify and communicate to Business Leader opportunities, threats and best practice in order to drive continuous performance improvements
- Deliver insightful analysis and reporting to support the management team in closely monitoring performance
- Gather and collate information as required to complete monthly reporting.
- Preparation of presentations and business analysis reports to internal and external customers and regulatory bodies.
- Understand and be able to explain clearly how data is created, its relevance and significance as well as an assessment of data to produce findings/recommendations.
- Data Governance
- Assist in the development and maintenance of data quality standards.
- Develop formal procedures, documentation and templates for assessment and analysis of data Promote Data Governance best practice
- Project Involvement:
- Perform impact analysis work on planned operational changes and project initiatives for operations departments.
- Work as a member of cross-functional teams as directed by Business Leaders to ensure reporting aspects of projects/systems changes are considered and issues resolved.
- Respond to ad-hoc reporting requests.
- Support colleagues and maintain awareness of wider Management Information requirements across the Commercial team
- Relevant Third Level Qualification in either Computer Science, Data Analytics or Business.
- 3-5 years experience previous Data Analysis/Data Analytics experience.
- Previous experience in using SAS or SQL coding/scripting (essential)
- Previous experience of producing and analysing a wide range of management information in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience within the financial industry is desirable.
- Previous experience of presenting management information to senior management
- Experience working with data warehouse structures would be desirable.
For a confidential discussion on this role please contact: Gillian Nicholson.
on 01 6620088 OR 090-6450665