W. R. Berkley Corporation, founded in 1967, is one of the nation’s premier commercial lines property casualty insurance providers. Founded in 2004, Berkley Environmental has underwriting and account executive units in seven regions. Berkley Environmental offers an array of coverages for virtually all classes traditionally known to have environmental liability exposures on both an admitted and non-admitted basis. We provide a comprehensive portfolio of commercial property casualty insurance, automobile liability and workers’ compensation, along with claim services, providing expertise to meet the unique business needs of our customers. W.R. Berkley Corporation has reached a milestone and is celebrating 50 years, click here to read more on the history of the company.
In your role as an Azure Data Engineer, you will be responsible for expanding and optimizing data and pipeline architectures, and for optimizing data collection and flow across functional teams. Your responsibilities include assisting software developers, database architects, data analysts, and data scientists with data initiatives and ensuring a consistent data delivery architecture is put in place throughout ongoing projects.
- Design and implement data pipelines using Azure technologies such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Stream Analytics, and Azure SQL Database
- Migrate on-premises data stores to Azure cloud platforms
- Implement data transformations using Azure Databricks
- Collaborate with data scientists to design and implement machine learning models using Azure Machine Learning
- Optimize data pipelines for performance and scalability
- Monitor and troubleshoot data pipelines within Azure Data Factory
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Work with technical resources to ensure accurate translation of specifications into workable application code. Work with outside vendors and sister companies on coordinating data capture.
- 3+ years of experience as a data engineer
- Strong experience with Azure cloud technologies, including Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks, Azure Synapse Analytics, and Azure SQL Database, T-SQL, SSIS, and SSAS Tabular
- Experience with data transformation and manipulation using Azure Databricks or similar tools
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures and a strong focus on data integrity.
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communications skills. Ability, desire, and focus to meet deadlines Demonstrates ability to work with all levels of individuals.
- Demonstrates organizational skills while working on multiple projects; and communicate effectively within the team.
- Experience with machine learning is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Data Lake
- Azure Analysis Services
- Azure Synapse Analytics
- Azure DevOps
- Azure Functions and Logic Apps
- Serverless Architecture
Additional Company Details
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiting agencies or firms.