W elcome to our fabulous world. 🍴 We are TheFork
. Our mission is to bring happiness through amazing dining experiences,
thanks to our 3 main products:
📱 TheFork App
: the restaurant discovery and booking app for every occasion
🖥️ TheFork Manager
: the tool to digitize restaurant operations and be in full control of your business
💳 TheFork Pay & gift cards:
the new and amazing dining payment experience
Creator of a unique model that disrupted the restaurant industry 15 years ago, we are now the leading dining platform
across Europe and Australia. We are experiencing an exciting period of growth, and we need the greatest folks onboard. Together, we will make our wildest dreams come true! We strongly believe that our mission can only be achieved if we also bring happiness to our working environment. We do this by providing a flexible, multicultural and positive environment
where each individual has the space to grow.
We nurture this happy culture through our core values
: We are better together - We act like an owner - We genuinely care for our users and customers - We believe in transparency - We never stop learning - Speed wins
Oh! And we are also part of the big Tripadvisor family ❤️
Your future buddies, the Forkies.
What You Will Do
As a Senior Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer
, you will be part of the Data team
, which is a transverse organization having a major role to support our Business
You will report to the Data Science Manager
and be part of a team of ~40 People including Data Engineers, Data Analyst, Web Analysts…
The Data Team Has 3 Missions
- Accelerate the Business thanks to data and insights
- Support company transformation toward a Data-driven Culture
- Develop a valuable and actionable data asset
As a key player in our Data Science team (composed by 5 people), you will take the Data Science ownership in the Yield Management mission team in the Supply Domain
, on which you will partner with Business teams, product manager & engineers and other data team members to build impactful business projects around yield management topics.
You will develop a deep understanding of TheFork value proposition for restaurants and business operations linked to yield management in order to deliver best in class data products involving Machine Learning.
Examples Of Projects You’ll Work On
- Predict the demand at restaurant level on different time granularity,
- Compute the probability of booking for a given customer on a given restaurant at a given time,
- Allocate the right amount of discount level for the restaurant owner given their constraints and objectives
The Expected Outcomes Of Your Role Are
- Grow our supply and yield management knowledge
- Have a deep understanding around supply related data (inventory, analytics coming from TFM…)
- Develop a strong expertise around yield management topics
- High business value for the Yield Management initiative
Who Are You
- Build with your mission team an impactful product for restaurant owners to let them optimize their business through yield management.
- Help your team to accelerate on yield management related topics. You’ll work with business owners, data stakeholders (ML Engineers, Data Analyst…) and Product and Engineering teams in order to deliver well shaped, monitored and actionable projects for end users.
- Scalable and efficient assets
- All the assets produced to deliver these projects should be scalable, efficient and cost optimal. Anyone in the team could be onboarded quickly and maintenance costs should be low.
- Bring the Data Science team to the next level
- Data Science team upskilled around Time Series modeling and Deep Learning
- Data Science team organization and technical stack improved in order to support the team growth and new projects requirements
What We Offer You
- You are working in an autonomous, proactive and accountable way : you don’t wait to be told what to do.
- You demonstrate an obsession towards excellence: you systematically consider that good is not enough and constantly consider how to improve and reach the next level of quality, performance and impact
- You play agile and fast: delivering in a fast-paced environment is an easy business for you. You are comfortable to manage several topics in parallel, with different stakeholders involved.
- You bring the outside in: seeking excellence, you have developed habits to benchmark and consider how other companies are doing, what best practices could be source of inspiration and systematically consider how they can apply in your specific business context
- You act as a team player , communicating efficiently and thinking collectively rather than individually (you can see the value bring by these collective concerns)
- You have a Master’s Degree of an Engineering School with a specialization in mathematics, computer science or Data Science / a PhD in mathematics, physics or computer science
- You have almost 8 years of experience as a Data Scientist (at least 5 years for a PhD) in supply related topics including at least 3 years of experience around yield management topics.
- You have excellent analytical skills , involving data analysis and modeling, you are able to modelize complex problems, find the best insights in large datasets and summarize findings in a clear and actionable way
- You have a deep knowledge and industry experience in Deep Learning and Time Series modeling
- You have an excellent proficiency in Python and SQL in order to develop POCs and work on projects industrialization with ML Engineers
- Knowledge of MLops best practices would be appreciate
- Experience with AWS is a nice to have
- Your English is professional
😄 An awesome team (not everybody like our jokes, but we try our best)
🏠 A Permanent contract (that can be useful in life)
⚖️ Flexible working environment (2 days home office per week)
💚 Complementary time off to spend with your loved ones
💸 Competitive fixed salary, bonus and equity (yes, equity!)
🍕 Lunch vouchers available for each working day (because yes, we like to try our best restaurants )
🌎 International teams - More than 30 nationalities and 16 offices worldwide
🏳️🌈 Highly inclusive working environment
🤸♀️ Lifestyle benefits that can be used to reimburse physical, leisure activities, family support, travel etc
🎓 Continuous learning and development programs (with full access to LinkedIn Learning!)
👶 Financial benefits in the events of a birth, adoption, pacs, or wedding
😌 Free access to the Calm app
🏡 Housing assistance plan to help find accommodations, or with repairs for your home
🏥 72% of health insurance fully covered by the company
👩🦽 Life Insurance and Disability at no cost to the employee
🍴 Amazing offices with dining, coffee point on each floor, and leisure area
🎤 Team building events (we love karaoke. A lot. A lot.)