Climate Impact X (CIX) will be a Singapore-based global carbon exchange and marketplace that aims to scale the voluntary carbon market; through a joint venture to be established by DBS, SGX, Standard Chartered and Temasek.
CIX will connect an ecosystem of partners, leveraging satellite monitoring and machine learning to enhance transparency, integrity, and quality of carbon credits. This will empower corporations to take effective action and complement carbon reduction efforts as part of a holistic climate mitigation strategy.
CIX will offer distinct platforms and products that will cater to the needs of different carbon credit buyers and sellers. The Exchange will facilitate the sale of large-scale high-quality carbon credits through standardized contracts – catering primarily to MNCs and institutional investors. The Project Marketplace will offer a curated selection of NCS projects that can meet corporate sustainability objectives. Each project on the Project Marketplace will be supported by transparent impact, risk, and pricing data. The Auction will allow qualified buyers to bid for select carbon credit projects, and portfolios of projects. This interactive process helps with the discovery of fair market value and is well suited to larger scale transactions of carbon credits.
For more information, please visit www.climateimpactx.com
Platform and Data Analyst
CIX is looking for a Platform and Data Analyst who will be able to utilize data to solve problems that may be open-ended and ambiguous. As the Data Analyst, you must be able to understand our Company’s core objectives and build end-to-end data centric solutions to address them.
The Platform and Data Analyst is responsible for using data to understand how our customers experience and feel about our products, and to work with different stakeholders to uncover insights that will drive better decision making. We aim to work well together with stakeholders and other analysts to improve our platform and drive company success.
The individual will report directly to the Head of Platforms and Ecosystem.
- Understand how customers experience our products and partner with various stakeholders to generate impactful insights for better decision making
- Design and implement databases, data schemas and data queries
- Test for incoming data quality, build & execute test cases to improve accuracy of data
- Design, update, and own performance dashboards
- Generate insights to drive operations & strategic decision
- Support special projects reporting & analysis
- Mine data from various sources, including transactions, clickstream, and product funnels, for strategic insight generation on user behavior.
- In partnership with Product / Commercial team or individually, observe and identify the strategic gaps in clarity needed across the different areas within our customer facing and operations platforms
- Build and maintain self-serve solutions for stakeholder groups that are scalable and automated to handle a dynamic environment
- Curate and present insights to stakeholders with an emphasis on data-driven actionable recommendations.
- Work closely with stakeholders and wider analytics team and stay up to date on product/business/analytics initiatives and metrics to identify gaps and/or connect insights from different products.
- Successfully provide reliable and on-time deliverables to meet individual stakeholder needs
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Statistics, Analytics, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, or other quantitative subjects
- 3-5 years’ experience (for Data Scientist (Analytics)) and, preferably in an Internet or markets company with large, complex, high-velocity data
- Advanced SQL writing skills and experience in querying large relational databases
- Hands-on experience with data analysis/programming tools like R or Python and Data Visualization platforms like Tableau / PowerBI / D3.js, etc., as well as ability to learn more advanced analysis skills
- Experience with designing, running, and analyzing A/B tests and product experiments. Should also understand hypothesis testing
- Excellent storytelling skills: ability to distil data and articulate an actionable point of view to non-technical audiences and senior stakeholders using presentations, interactive visualizations, et al.
- A lateral thinker who can connect micro details with macro goals, identify opportunities and solve problems innovatively.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and solve ambiguous problems in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter, principled and driven to do the right thing for an organization. Able to operate independently with a high degree of ambiguity; a person who enjoys and learns from experimentation.