Job Search / Business Intelligence & Data Analytics
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
My client based in Leicestershire have an opportunity for a greenfield Data Engineer reporting directly to the Head of Development, to join their team on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £70K.
As a Data Engineer, you will have autonomy to help create a newly formed team along with autonomy around data strategy and technology used. Working within a highly technical function you will be making sure their customers have the right tools and capabilities to democratise data. Managing and maintaining a cutting-edge platform to enable advanced analytics.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop, build, test and maintain Data architecture
- Own the analytics platform ensuring best practices and governance is maintained
- Develop data processes
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Conduct research for industry and business questions
- Deploy sophisticated analytics programmes, machine learning and statistical models
The required skills for this role are:
- Find hidden patterns using data
- Expert Data Analysis and synthesis
- Advanced Data modelling
- Experience of talking directly to stakeholders (including end users) to ascertain their needs and understand what needs to be developed.
- Understanding/exposure to Technologies like; Scala OR Apache Spark OR Data Warehouse OR Hadoop (any)
- Knowledge of cloud technologies; AWS OR Azure OR Google (any)
- Programming languages; Ideally SQL but Python or Java would also be considered.
The desired skills for this role are:
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Computer Science, engineering or applied mathematics degree (nice to have)
the role is predominately remote working but there is a degree of expectation around flexibility for you to be willing to go to the Leicester office for collaboration days/team sprints or ad-hoc.
If this sounds like you then please apply with your latest CV for more information.