Posting DateJOB SUMMARY
Apr 08, 2021Job Number
Sales & MarketingLocation
Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAPBrand
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Are you passionate about the power of big data to drive customer value? Do you enjoy maneuvering complex data sets to build elegant Machine Learning models? Do you go beyond building models to ensure they are actionable? Do you list Python or R as one of the languages you speak?!
Marriott, the world’s largest hotel company, is seeking someone like you to help enhance data science capabilities to drive customer engagement and value with the personalized experience. This position is part of specialized team of Data Scientists collaborating on projects that may support any number of business areas within Marriott. Projects could include the creation of predictive models, complex statistical analyses as well as Machine Learning driven strategies.
Education and Experience Preferred
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Data Science, Economics, Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering or other quantitative discipline required
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Data Science, Economics, Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering or other quantitative discipline desired
- 2+ years’ experience in the quantitative Data Analyst/Data Scientist or a related role with domain knowledge in customer,marketing, an digital personalization demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance AND
- Master’s degree in the above fields with less years’ experience of strong machine learning/AI concentration also considered.
- Proven track record of developing, scaling and implementing Machine Learning models in customer facing environments
- Proven ability to solve problems using the right data structure in the most efficient and effective way
- Minimum of 2 years of programming using: Python or Spark, along with stellar visualization and persuasive story telling
Additional experience using the following tools is desired
- Python, R, SQL
- Jupyter Notebook
- Git, Jira
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Participates in major data science projects
- Brings working knowledge of latest techniques and technologies to advance the machine learning capabilities of Marriott
- Mines large data sets (billions of rows) for insights and recommendations
- Participates in projects to build predictive and prescriptive models
- Partners with peers and leaders on the team to ensure insights are clearly communicated to project stakeholders
- Creates compelling visualizations to influence leaders and business decisions.
- Shares data modeling knowledge and expertise in support of Business as Usual projects and analysis when required
Provide Technical Support and Consultation
- Provide machine learning models for complex multi-channel programs, platform evaluations, and strategic planning
- Participate in the development and evaluation of algorithms that support Marriott’s “Customer Decision Engine” that drives personalization across all customer touch points
- Marshals internal data management, reporting, analytic and research resources and, when appropriate, selects and manages external suppliers, ensuring timely, on-budget delivery on expectations.
- Identifies and pilots innovative analytic and modeling techniques.
- Keeps up-to-date technically and is a role model for the application new domain knowledge to the job.
Collaborate across Customer Experience and Brand, Marketing, Sales, and Consumer Consumer Operations Discipline and Continent Teams.
- Perform complex analytics projects across broad set of stakeholders, clearly aligning on business and data needs, managing expectations, and delivering results in a timely manner.
- Provide business-minded analytics and modeling support, both working well with data and demonstrating strong business acumen
- Partner with the broader Customer Experience Analytics team, including Digital & Distribution and Marketing, Loyalty, and Media Analytics, to support the mission of the CX Analytics team
- Provides guidance to Data Management and Reporting Teams on the creation and distribution of reports and dashboards for field and corporate stakeholders.
- Support teams within BMSC and Continent organizations in their efforts to leverage systems, technologies, and tools.
- Collaborates in setting overall department analytic standards and policies, representing the perspective of globally-applicable and customizable analytic approaches that meet the needs of the business.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Provide information to supervisors and co-workers in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy, and enthusiasm.
- Inform and/or update leaders on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Manage time effectively and conduct activities in an organized manner.
- Present ideas, expectations, and information in a concise, organized manner.
- Use problem solving methodology for decision making and follow-up.
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.